We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Staff Accountant in Boston, MA or Remote.
The Staff Accountant ensures the financial information of Boston Beer and the Local Brands & Taprooms are properly and accurately processed, reconciled, and analyzed in a timely and accurate manner to allow for accurate internal and external financial reporting. Local Brands & Taprooms include Angel City, Coney Island, SABB, SABT, SACT, Angry Orchard, Dogfish Head, all E-stores, and any future hospitality businesses.
What You'll Do:
- Local Breweries (Angel City Brewery, Coney Island, Samuel Adams Boston Brewery, Boston Taproom and Cincinnati Taproom, the Angry Orchard, Dogfish Head Tasting Room, Dogfish Head Rehoboth, Dogfish Head Inn, and Dogfish Head Miami):
- Weekly retail sales reconciliation to petty cash and bank statements
- Month-end retail merch and food inventory reconciliations
- Bi-monthly TTB reporting – A&S only
- Support brewers/admins in month-end TTB brewer’s reporting
- Local Brewery General:
- Month-end Sales for management reporting
- Backup contact for POS system questions/maintenance
- Helps creates, implement, and maintain sustainable processes to ensure compliance with internal controls
- Ensures payroll adjustments for tipped employees are processed correctly and timely
- Helps prepare 1099’s for local vendors at year end
- Boston Beer Cash Accounting:
- Backup to Senior LBTR Accountant’s cash responsibilities
- Processing of daily cash transactions
- Assist in the preparation of weekly cash activity report to management
- Other Responsibilities:
- Assist with ongoing SAP maintenance of cost centers and profit centers
- Ensure all SOX and other internal controls are met within the job responsibilities
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0 - 2 years accounting experience
- Microsoft applications (Excel, Word)
- Desired: Enterprise accounting systems (SAP) experience and retail POS systems experience preferred
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.