About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry's toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs' software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that's one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Why this position matters:
Silicon Labs is looking for a Software Developer or SQA Engineer to develop tests that will improve the quality of our MCU and wireless embedded SW products. You will be part of a highly skilled team in which every member is critical to the success of Silicon Lab's Internet of Things product offerings. Learn more about our IoT products here.
Silicon Labs has a track record of multiple industry firsts and of transforming and disrupting large and diversified markets. Our SW in Test Engineers are at the forefront of that success!
Excited? See what it's like to be a part of the Silicon Labs Team
What you will do:
- You are creative, flexible, and curious with superb communications skills and a love of problem solving in a fast-paced team environment.
- You will contribute to the design and execution of functional, negative, performance, and stress tests for Silicon Lab's wireless network protocols or embedded 8b and 32b MCU products.
- You will develop embedded test applications and Junit tests to interact together to exercise software features and automate tests so they can be run regularly as part of continuous integration.
- You are collaborative and have a passion to work with various teams (development, customer support, sales, field application engineers, and senior Test team members) to support customer's needs and debug problems found during the test cycle.
What skills you will need:
- A degree in Computer Science (BSCS/MSCS), Computer Engineering (BSCE/MSCE), Electrical and Computer Engineering (BSECE/MSECE)
- Proficient in object-oriented programming (OOP) such as C or Java and scripting languages such as Perl or Python.
- Communicate well and work well in a small cross-functional team.
- Any coursework or internship experience in the follow areas will be considered a plus:
- Wireless networking protocols, Network testing, or MCU peripherals
- Experience using both simulations and hardware testing
- Understanding of hardware vs. software tradeoffs
bit.ly/SilabsUR --> Discover why we attract the best and brightest!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.