Social Impact Intern | Mental Health Incubator Startup @ Harvard i-lab, non-profit
Do you want to learn how to improve the world? Join a startup as it goes from an idea to a team of 40 people and $50M in funding. You will be working primarily with the founding and core team at the Harvard Innovation Lab (Harvard Business School campus) and will have a great opportunity to learn learn a lot of skills (aka super powers) from our C-level executives (CEO, COO, etc)!
At Affect Mental Health, we’re building a non-profit Y combinator (startup incubator) to help mental health entrepreneurs build breakthrough products in mental health. We will produce products that are as impactful as Facebook and Google in mental health.
Be a member of the founding team that grew from the Harvard and MIT communities with expertise in fields such as healthcare economics, user experience design, molecular neuroscience, and computational biology. Two years ago, our CEO experienced the two most transformative months of his life participating in the Harvard i-lab VIP program. He started with zero business experience and learned how to figure out what product to build, how to build it, and how to construct business models. At the end of the program, he raised $10M to start his company. By joining us, you will have the chance to learn some of these superpowers!
As a Social Impact Intern, you will perch atop a world-changing organization and be able to work on projects which we hope will materially benefit our targeted demographics. You'll be able to wear as many different hats as you like in our organization as we believe people perform at their best when they do the things they're most passionate about.
- Actively learning on the job and diving into new areas where you may have little expertise in
- Learning from mistakes and failed projects (you'll be wearing a lot of hats)
- Amplify the efforts of our executive team (CEO, COO, VPs) and help implement our vision
- Help prototype and build mental health products that will have a huge impact
- Learn about and help maintain our team culture and uphold our values through creative ways
- Own the mission of our organization and wear whatever “hat“ is necessary to achieve OKR's!
- Deeply passionate about mental health
- Loves being productive and getting stuff done (GSD)
- Meticulously organized or open to becoming meticulously organized
- Experience in being or willing to become a great navigator: constantly testing hypothesis and outlining strategy for pivoting when needed
- Personable: highly empathetic
- Relentless learner: you want to maximize your experience with us and learn as much as you can
Our ambition is to build sustainable enterprises—unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle stigma, access, and quality of mental healthcare.
Are you in?
NB: This position is unpaid. For candidates who are in University we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in securing of educational internships, financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships.