As a Sr. Technical Assistant, you will, under minimal supervision, utilize a comprehensive understanding of departments operation and objectives to provide technical administrative support, coordination assistance and customer service to assigned engineering staff, individual or product line. You will act as a liaison for engineering staff and internal/external customers in responding to more complex inquiries. You will provide training and guidance to others and assists with developing work flow efficiencies for the office. Job functions are more complex and diverse and assignments are broad in nature and usually require evaluation and ingenuity.
- Assume all hotline inspection requests; monitor phone calls and emails from agents, customers, and brokers; use proprietary systems to verify coverage; and assign to field staff.
- Utilize engineering platform, jurisdiction online, to match locations, enter jurisdictional and non-jurisdictional requests, distribute letters, maintain commissions, and analyze reports.
- Collects and coordinates data needed by engineering staff. May obtain data from automated systems, by reviewing jo platform and/or contacting other people/departments/outside sources to obtain data. May analyze data collected and prepare spreadsheets and reports. Reviews and verifies information which may include source documents, policies, claims files, summons & complaints, etc. Ensures completion and accuracy of paperwork/forms.
- Coordinates materials or special projects for assigned engineering staff or individual which may include preparing, distributing, editing, formatting and proofreading material.
- Maintains records and data utilizing various automated systems which may include creating and maintaining database/server, developing tracking systems/spreadsheets, setting up files, etc. Compiles data from systems and analyzes/summarizes information for reports. Acts as a technical resource for internal and external customers/contacts exercising judgment in handling unusual situations/inquiries. Answers more complex inquiries and coordinates responses.
- Resolves problems and/or discrepancies which may involve research and data collection. Provides administrative support to engineering staff which may include: creating documents, forms, spreadsheets, presentation material, etc.
- Reviewing incoming mail for engineering staff and determine course of action. Composing correspondence for self and group.
- Coordinating and arranging travel plans and appointments.
- Analyzing data and preparing spreadsheets and reports. Participates in training and development of co-workers and customers. Identifies administrative inefficiencies and makes recommendations to enhance work flow and productivity.
- Solid writing skills and ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of departments operations and objectives.
- Proficiency in personal computer applications and systems which may include excel, desktop publishing, and department specific systems/applications.
- Associates degree or equivalent, plus 3 or more years of related administrative support experience with 1-2 years of practical computer experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for lack of formal education.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.