We’re looking for…
A Temp-Perm Senior Digital Designer to design and build digital experiences for Gilt. We’re looking for someone with the desire to be a part of something big, the training and foundation to create outstanding work daily, a sophisticated aesthetic sense, and the interest to learn and succeed in a dynamic retail fashion environment. You’ll be joining a group that prides itself on the excellence of everything they do, that respects and protects the integrity of the Gilt brand and the world-class brands we feature, all while having fun together doing it. This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Maintain our brand style guidelines and ensure design consistency across projects through edits and approvals of Designer and Associate Designer work.
- Produce, evolve and consistently innovate the design treatments, templates and visual content of our site and emails.
- Manage Associate Designer and Designer with focus on developing their craft and career growth.
- Brainstorm and collaboratively create new engaging concepts for our Members to increase brand affinity, visitation, and sales.
- Develop and maintain requirements, documentation and processes for all digital projects.
- Work collaboratively and constructively on each project with others on the team including UX Designers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, Developers, Marketing, etc.
- Produce digital assets as appropriate for new templates and emails
- Partner with UX Designers, Product Managers and Marketing on QA and testing
- Work with Information Technology staff to deliver final assets into production environment
- Develop partnerships with Marketing and Information Technology team and be the go-to person for all online projects.
- Develop designs in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Receive and give constructive feedback on each project
This position requires:
- Design chops - we're looking for someone with a passion for and mastery of design in the digital and social space, and the desire to both direct and be hands-on.
- Sophisticated sense of color
- Great understanding of current online design best practices such as Responsive Web Design and Email Templates.
- Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage, lead, and mentor Associate Digital Designers
- Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe CS5 suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge), and a deep understanding of CSS/HTML.
- Experience creating and optimizing graphics for the web
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a designer in an agency or in-house creative group with a focus on online projects.
- Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, retailing, social media and ecommerce
- A strong portfolio showing both training and potential
- BA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography
We can’t wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume and online or pdf portfolio for consideration. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.