POSITION: Senior Estimator - Bridge, Heavy and Civil Construction
LOCATION: Wilton, New York
SUMMARY: Construction firm based in Wilton, NY seeking a strong candidate with solid experience as an estimator on large bridge and/or heavy civil projects.
- Follow and reinforce company safety policies.
- Read, review, and evaluate projects to bid for risk, schedule and chance of success.
- Reviews plans and specifications to determine scope and resources necessary to complete the proposal.
- Develop a complete and accurate bid proposal including; quantity take-off; crew composition; material and subcontractor pricing.
- Compare bid pricing to historical data.
- Lead a team of estimators on large or complex projects.
- Develop a project D/M/WBE subcontracting plan.
- The complete preparation of bid documents.
- Help prepare post bid documentation for award.
- Prepare the project budget.
- Represent the company in communications with the owner, engineer, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develop and manage project documentation.
- Visit project sites to observe construction methods
- Communicate and reinforce the company vision, values and goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in bridge and/or heavy highway construction estimating.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a supervisory role.
- A record of successfully estimating bridge/heavy civil construction between the $5M to $40M.
- Have a working knowledge of means and methods, crew composition and production rates for concrete and steel bridge construction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CMP scheduling software.
- The ability to work with and lead a team to bid projects with in stated deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For immediate consideration, please send us your current resume and project list.