Research Project Manager - GI Oncology
Job Posted Date
5 months ago(5/15/2019 12:09 PM)
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute seeks an Research Project Manger for Translational Research who will work within the Wolpin laboratory as part of the Hale Family Center for Pancreatic Cancer Research (http://halecenter.dfci.harvard.edu) and the Lustgarten Foundation Pancreatic Cancer Research Laboratory at Dana-Farber Cancer institute (https://www.lustgarten.org/research/our-lab/). The Wolpin laboratory focuses on risk stratification, early diagnosis, and personalized medicine approaches for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC). One of the primary missions of the Wolpin laboratory is to interrogate epidemiologic factors that contribute to the development of PDAC and understand patient outcomes based upon clinical and tumor based factors.
The Research Project Manger (RPM) will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and overall management of various translational research projects primarily focused on PDAC. The RPM will maintain the projects from a regulatory and funding perspective including assistance with progress reports and new grant submissions. The RPM will manage the data associated with the translational research projects including the creation of databases (in Access, REDCap, and other database software), management of data entry by Research Data Specialists, preparation of datasets for analysis, and preparation of summary statistics.
The Research Project Manager I will work independently under the supervision the Translational Research Manager. This position may be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight and management of assigned projects.
- Responsible for data abstraction coordination including the creation of new databases within Access, REDCap, etc., overseeing staff entering the data, and quality control of the data
- Creation of data sets for analysis and preparation of summary statistics for the data.
- Responsible for regulatory work for assigned projects including new protocol submissions, amendments, and facilitating Material Transfer Agreements / Data Use Agreements
- Assist with the preparation of new grant submissions and progress reports in cooperation with the Grants and Contract Office
- Responsible for setting timelines and action plans with various stakeholders within projects including Principle Investigators, collaborators, laboratory-based research staff, Research Data Specialists, and others
- Responsible for scheduling research team meetings/ conference calls, creation of Agendas for meetings, and communication of relevant meeting minutes to the team
- Bachelor's degree required in a field relevant to clinical or translational research (MPH preferred)
- 3 – 5 years experience in a related field including epidemiologic or clinical research.
- Experience in an academic institution and proven history of success in clinical research field is preferred.
- Experience with statistical software (SAS, R, etc.) and clinical databases (REDCap, Access, etc.) preferred.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.