Research Operations Assistant - Cancer Immunology and Virology
Job Posted Date
5 months ago(5/20/2019 10:31 AM)
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Within the Department of Cancer Immunology and Virology, this person will be required to help keep up with various laboratory and experimental needs for the department. This includes facilitating and carrying out operations activities in the research laboratories.
• Facilitate research operations by coordinating or carrying out tasks related to equipment, materials stocks, facilities, and shipping and receiving.
• Supports shipping and receiving for group or department.
• Assists with the maintenance of laboratory stocks, such as plastic- and glassware.
• May carry out special research operations support such as preparing media.
• May assist financial coordinators on matters related to purchasing, shipping and receiving.
• In wet labs, carries out disinfection and removal of laboratory waste as needed.
• Carries out or oversees cleaning and maintenance of glassware and plasticware stocks.
• Autoclaves laboratory reagents and waste.
• Supports shipping and receiving for group or department. Assists with the maintenance of laboratory stocks, such as plastic- and glassware. May carry out special research operations support such as preparing media. Assists financial coordinators on matters related to purchasing, shipping and receiving. In wet labs, carries out disinfection and removal of laboratory waste as needed.
• Supports and helps set up with special events, weekly seminars and upkeep of various administrative and lab spaces (includes conference rooms, offices, and labs).
• Submits work orders for various needs within the department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Good English language reading and speaking skills highly desirable.
- Ability to work with glassware and autoclaving equipment.
- Familiarity with shipping and receiving processes.
- 2-3 years working experience demonstrating reliability and above listed skills required, preferably within a laboratory setting.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.