Working under the supervision of a Principal Investigator and Research Coordinator and following established policies and procedures, provides assistance on clinical research studies. May be responsible for the following activities: recruiting and evaluating patients for studies; collecting and organizing patient data; scheduling patients for study visits; transporting laboratory specimens; maintaining and updating data generated by the study.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- HIV and COVID-19 Clinical Trials.
- Provides assistance on clinical research studies as per study guidelines and protocols.
- Recruits and evaluates potential study patients. Per protocol instruction, conducts telephone interviews or schedules patient for study visit and screening.
- Responsible for maintaining patient information database for study. Required to input data, do minimum analysis and run various reports. Maintains patients records as part of record keeping function.
- Responsible for preparing Case Report Forms for patient and monitor visits.
- Responsible for mailing various study information or packets to study participants.
- Answers any phone calls and inquiries regarding study protocol. Refers participants when appropriate to supervisor or clinical staff.
- Transports laboratory and tissue specimens.
- Monitors and sets up any needed equipment.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies when necessary.
- All other duties, as assigned.
BS or BA Degree, New graduate with relevant course or project work
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with the study participants.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of clinical research protocols.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects rights and individual needs.
- Sound degree of computer literacy
- Ability to methodically record data and to analyze data using basic statistics
Works in an Infectious Disease ambulatory clinic setting located in the main hospital.