PACU/Ambulatory; Part Time, 36 hours per week
Mass Eye and Ear is currently seeking a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) for a promising position within their perioperative care unit. In this role, the Perianesthesia Care Unit Nurse will process the ability to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and accurately document nursing care for the pre and post-operative surgical patient. Critical care preferred. Pediatric experience preferred.
The Registered Professional Nurse maintains the standards of professional nursing practice, and demonstrates competence for patient care through the utilization of the nursing process. The process includes continuous assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient care and patient education. The Registered Nurse directs and guides ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of nursing practice.
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing; baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in Massachusetts.
- At least 2 years of medical/surgical Nursing experience is preferred.
- Related experience required for advanced clinical and specialty areas.
- Demonstrates leadership activities; able to work under stressful situation; and possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership in a professional nursing organization desired.