Registered Nurse Case Manager - Worker Compensation
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has opportunities for Registered Nurse Case Managers/Field Nurse to join our team!
These services will be in support of the United States (U.S.) Department of Labor, Office of Workers’ Compensation (OWCP) and the Division of Federal Employees’ Compensation (DFEC). The nurses will be expected to perform services to injured workers in person and telephonically in/around the Boston area.
- Provide nursing services to injured Federal workers who has immediate time loss and has not returned to work within a specified number of days. Will manage a case typically from 3 to 6 months
- Following up with the physician’s office and employee’s supervisor to coordinate light duty, job accommodations and return to work date.
- Enter necessary and any relevant information regarding each case into the OWCP/DFEC case management system.
- Other duties as assigned
- Active state or compact RN license to work in the assigned areas
- A minimum of two (2) years adult medical/surgical nursing experience and a minimum of two (2) years case management experience in the workers’ compensation arena.
- Ability to handle confidential patient information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with injured workers employer and treating physician’s office
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated record
- Also preferred (but not required), specialized certification in one of the following areas: Occupational Health (COHN); Insurance Rehabilitation (CIRS/CRRN), Disability Management (CDMS), and/or Nurse Case Manager Board Certified (ANCC/ANA). Recent experience with the DFEC nurse intervention program.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
All applicants must have regular access to a computer with:
- Hard disk with 30 GB available
- Monitor with a display of 1280x1024 or higher Internet connection wired 1.5 Mbps(up) / 1.2 Mbps(down) or faster
- TWAIN-compatible scanner with ability to scan multi page documents (up to 6 pages)
- Windows Operation Systems
- Adobe Reader 9.0 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player 10
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.