Seeking Registered Nurse Case Manager candidates for a Vocational Rehabilitation contract set to commence Summer 2020. This position will support the region/district supported by the local office. The RN Case Manager will assist in the medical management of disability claims and assist injured workers with coordinating medical care and returning to work. Responsibilities will include:
- Assess the injured worker's current medical status and active treatment plan to ensure appropriate measures are in place to facilitate recovery and return to work.
- Work with the medical providers to obtain appropriate treatment plans and coordinate recommended and approved medical care (referrals to specialists or other health care providers, diagnostic testing, surgery, home care services, etc.).
- Assess the injured worker's response to ongoing medical treatment, any designated disability guides and medication management to provide recommendations or alternative treatment options to the physician and the Government to facilitate medical recovery and return to work.
- Collaborate with the injured worker's employer to identify light duty work accommodations and/or barriers to the return-to-work efforts, and coordinate the return to work in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the transition of the injured worker's return to work via participation in on-site employer visits and follow up monitoring.
- Identify the need for and facilitate directed medical examinations.
- Identify any physical limitations or other barriers impacting the injured worker's adaptability to work duties.
- Communicate promptly to the Government all case milestones/activities that require action (i.e. return to work, work stoppage, recurrence of symptoms, unrelated medical issues, etc.).
- Make recommendations for Vocational Rehabilitation and working cooperatively with rehabilitation counselors when appropriate.
For full consideration, please complete your candidate profile by visiting our website at www.dlhcorp.com and clicking on our “Careers, Current Openings“. Current incumbents are highly encouraged to contact us!
RN Case Manager qualifications:
- Candidates must be a Registered Nurse holding a current, active and unrestricted license to practice nursing within the United States, Puerto Rico, or US territories
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years adult medical/surgical nursing experience
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years case management experience in the workers' compensation arena
- Prefer candidates to have specialized certification in one of the following areas: Occupational Health (COHN); Case Management (CCM), Insurance Rehabilitation (CIRS/CRRN), Disability Management (CDMS), and/or Nurse Case Manager Board Certified (ANCC/ANA).
- Recent experience with the DFEC (Division of Federal Employees' Compensation) nurse intervention program (within the last 5 years, with good performance and no disciplinary actions) highly preferred
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular