Quantum Research Scientist, Fabrication, Quantum Communications and Networking
Interested in being part of a team that’s pushing the bounds of what’s possible with quantum technology?
We are looking for a research scientist to lead a new hardware effort. You will work closely with our existing quantum software team to build new tools and fabrication procedures for novel quantum devices. You will also work cross-functionally with our our physics team to enable their work measuring novel quantum devices.
Potential projects may include:
- Developing new nanofabrication procedures for new quantum optics devices
- Building tools to automate the calibration of quantum systems
- Testing quantum devices for novel applications
- Mentoring other scientists to actively contribute to the device pipeline
- 3+ years of academic or industry research experience in physics, electrical engineering, or related field
- Experience in developing hardware in a cleanroom environment
- Experience with nanofabrication and simulation of optical devices
- PhD in physics, electrical engineering, or related discipline
- Nanofabrication experience utilizing photo-lithography, ebeam-lithography, Reactive Ion Etching, Sputtering, ALD, PECVD, UHV annealing, and ion beam etching
- Research experience involving any of the following areas: quantum information, quantum optics, nanofabrication, nanophotonics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.