Quantitative UX Researcher
RESEARCH & DESIGN AT AMAZON PHARMACY
At Amazon Pharmacy, we are using design, service, and technology to change the way people think about medicine. Design is a vital part of our company’s DNA — Amazon Pharmacy grew out of PillPack, which has been recognized by Time, Fast Company, and the Cooper Hewitt Museum of Design for our customer experience. At Amazon Pharmacy, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact on our customers’ lives while informing the future of pharmacy and contributing to our mission of building the earth’s most customer-centric pharmacy.
About the Role
As a senior researcher, you will own the strategy, roadmap, and delivery of our customer satisfaction metrics (NPS, CSAT), invent new ways of tracking the success of our customer experience over time, and lead quantitative research that provides critical insights for our product and design teams. You will work closely with UX design and writing, product management, engineering, data science, and marketing to deliver programs and solutions that meet our customer and business objectives. This will be a highly visible role managing multiple work streams for our organization. If you obsess over customers, thrive in innovation-centric cultures, and want to be a part of a growing team aspiring to radically improve the experience of health and medication, this role is for you.
You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the customer experience, invent new approaches within your domain, and scale your impact. You easily move between big picture thinking and obsessing about the details, and have expertise conducting both iterative benchmarking and quantitative deep dives that inform future experiences. You are a confident, creative problem-solver and collaborator that can move from concept to execution with limited direction. You are proactive, results driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. You are an excellent storyteller and capable of presenting–and defending–your ideas to colleagues, stakeholders, and senior leaders.
· You are enthusiastic about collaborating with a cross-functional team of UX designers, researchers (qualitative and quantitative), business partners, design technologists, and developers to provide actionable insights.
· You can work with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment, successfully navigate complexity (e.g., risks, constraints, compliance requirements, etc.), and demonstrate strong prioritization skills.
· You’re customer-obsessed and a skilled advocate for good research – educating the organization on opportunities, ensuring the right research questions are being asked, and creating/executing research against product roadmaps.
· You have experience developing programs that measure customer experience outcomes, including tracking UX quality, analyzing customer satisfaction/sentiment, establishing Voice of the Customer success metrics, and designing dashboard/reporting mechanisms to make success metrics visible for design/product partners.
· You have experience managing and executing large quantitative research efforts from start to finish, including surveying that defines customer segments, prioritizes use cases and feature preferences, and identifies patterns in large data sets to prioritize opportunities that inspire product, design, and qualitative research.
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 6+ years of experience in quantitative research methods (benchmarking, surveys, A-B tests/multivariate experiments, and behavioral analytics, etc.), activities (study design, test creation and execution, analysis, statistical modeling, reporting, etc.), and have fluency in R, Python, or similar modeling language.
· You have a proven track record consulting with non-research experts in formulating and addressing research questions that align with agile research practices and that bring qualitative and quantitative insights together.
· You’ve demonstrated thought leadership among senior stakeholders, effectively communicating insights through writing, presentations and conversations across all levels and disciplines within the organization to build consensus and inspire action based on findings.
· You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and build trust across teams.
· You have a natural curiosity for and understanding of people and their motivations, and a background in or passion for creating equitable experiences in healthcare.
· You have an MA/MS in social science, quantitative research, or psychology.
· You have experience mentoring others and managing a small team of skilled quantitative researchers.