Who We Are
The 3D Visualization team is a rapidly growing and changing division within Wayfair that is revolutionizing how imagery is created. This group is working on highly visible projects which drives innovation daily for Wayfair. Our team's ability to inspire customers through creating high quality and inspirational imagery is a core differentiator for Wayfair. We are looking for a technical and qualitative image analyst to establish and enforce qualitative standards for all of Wayfair's image outputs.
We have unlocked the power of technology to reinvent image creation for a fraction of the cost of traditional imagery production and are looking for a creative leader to establish, enforce and evolve our imagery standards on a massive scale. This is a highly cross-functional role, working with teams of artists, operations groups and creative directors globally to ensure high quality standards across asset outputs while keeping business goals a top priority. We are looking for candidates who can articulate the components of image quality, are readily able to establish and maintain different standards for various outputs, and ideally, have some working knowledge of 3D capabilities (but don't worry, we can train you if you're a traditional image expert).
In this role you will establish, communicate and teach image standards and expectations, audit and give feedback on live image outputs, and work cross-functionally to evolve quality standards over time. You are a scrappy, collaborative 2D or 3D image expert with great communication skills and the patience to train and coach junior creative team members on qualitative metrics. You are detail oriented, hands-on and continuously push for high standards from yourself and the rest of the global team. You are able to interpret and execute various SLAs with an appreciation for the cost of perfection and are acutely aware of the point of diminishing returns.
What You'll Do
- Consistent identification and articulation of image quality issues; for photo realism, product accuracy, lighting standards, color evaluation/management, contrast, tone reproduction, dynamic range as well as basic brand elements
- Carefully balance quality and cost, coach the teams on baseline standards and stretch goals; including analyzing output numbers to adjust image quality to meet all business expectations
- Train, coach and give feedback to a culturally diverse global network of analysts on quality indicators carefully balancing customer experience and cost
- Audit image pipelines as well as the QA groups to ensure standards are maintained and all image outputs are consistent in quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to present complicated technical notes to non-technical executives
- Manage image standards as the execution of an image pipeline moves from one artistic group to another; ensuring that quality standards are upheld and consistently met at massive scales
- Successfully collaborate and quickly iterate on ideas and pipeline function in close collaboration with cross-functional partners to drive quality and cost reduction throughout the entire image pipeline
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience working on image quality evaluation and management
- Experience in managing standards for large scale (10,000+ images annually) national campaign digital imagery deliverables
- Expert understanding of digital imaging systems and performance evaluation
- Expert working knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience designing and implementing image quality protocols
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to manage creative expectations and cost analysis conversations with a level head and tight business focus
- Proven ability to analyze asset output data and optimize for automated solutions
- Working knowledge of 3ds Max and V-Ray or other 3D software is desirable, but not required