Requisition Number: PROMO01235
Department: Promotion & Design Services
The Promotions Operations Lead will advance the vision of The First Church of Christ, Scientist by using data and technology to unlock the organization’s ability to communicate as “one church.” This is an engaging and hands-on role for an individual who is highly capable of operating and excelling at the strategic and tactical positions.
This position is part of the Promotion & Design Services Group [P&DSG]. The P&DSG is a service-based department that shapes, shepherds, and supports the promotion and extension of products, services and events that constitute the resources of the Christian Science Publishing Society and The First Church of Christ, Scientist.
The digital promotions group provides client departments with strategic, tactical, and analytical services that enhance the customer experience and increase product usage, engagement, and subscriptions as part of the P&DSG center of excellence. The digital promotions center of excellence includes but is not limited to the principles and guidelines for the following: data management, email programs, promotion efforts, and promotion strategy. P&DSG helps clients to meet the customer’s needs through promotion of its content, digital products, and/ or services. Providing promotional expertise and leadership helps enhance the customer experience as the first step in removing barriers to discoverability, access, and engagement. To support this strategy P&DSG provides promotional expertise at every stage of the promotional pipeline.
Aligned with the mission of P&DSG and under the direction of the Head of Promotions and Analytics:
The Promotions Operations Lead is responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust tech infrastructure for understanding and communicating with members and customers. This position will communicate strategy and insights to both team members and leadership in an actionable way.
Roughly 50 percent of the Promotions Operations Lead's time is spent creating a strategic framework for promotional activity that will enhance the organization’s ability to communicate with members and customers. This includes, but is not limited to, establishing and communicating promotional best practices, identifying and articulating new opportunities that improve promotional efficiency, and forecasting new ways for the organization to leverage technology.
Roughly 50 percent of the Promotions Operations Lead's time is spent as a Subject Matter Expert [SME] on tactical promotions activity. While not a CFT member, this position is an expert consultant for the Church’s Product Owners, Client Department Managers, and any other employee involved with promotion. Services will include acting as a liaison for client managers and operations departments (Tech Service Group, Digital Publishing Service, Fulfillment, and Customer Care Center), as well as, managing and executing any promotion activity that requires advanced technical capabilities.
The position will also help vet, implement, troubleshoot, manage, and oversee the organization’s promotions tech stack in partnership with other stakeholders with a primary focus on streamlining digital infrastructure, enhancing digital strategy, and leveraging promotions technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Driving promotional strategy (roughly 50 percent)
- Develop and communicate a mission aligned tech infrastructure
- Understand the customer experience by establishing and maintaining data integrations/connection needs between tools to monitor performance, diagnose opportunities, and recommend changes to the data architecture to maximize impact.
- Self-organize and manage work
- Develop strategy and implement data architecture for clients
- Train and mentor internal Salesforce Marketing Cloud users
- Lead the development of promotional strategies with other promotional managers specific to departments, products, and/or campaigns on a quarterly basis. Delegate when necessary.
Serving as an expert consultant for tactical promotional activities (roughly 50 percent)
- On an ad hoc basis, partner with POs and Client Department Managers as a SME to support any promotional activity that requires advanced technical support.
- Manage the integration of customer data into promotional activities. Expand data utilization for enhancing the customer experience and report to client & stakeholders on performance.
- Analyze and synthesize customer data into digestible feedback (i.e. Infographics); Share progress with stakeholders on a regular basis.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervisor: Head of Digital Promotion & Analytics
This position has regular contact with: P&DSG Manager, P&DSG management team and staff, Managers and staff of client departments in The First Church of Christ, Scientist and The Christian Science Publishing Society.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of business analysis experience.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to translate to non-technical individuals
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other email system experience required
- Salesforce or other customer database experience required
- Proficient in SQL for building automations in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Proficient in HTML/CSS coding and editing custom emails and landing pages
- Familiarity with relational databases and efficiently storing customer records
- Experience building customer journeys in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytic tools
- Ability to generate insights from customer behavioral data
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including ability to coordinate across cross-functional teams
- Track record of thinking strategically and executing incrementally
- A kind, open, reliable, creative, and collaborative approach to work
- Scrum experience: Significant experience in an Agile environment. Product Owner certification is a plus.
- Experience with graphics tools like Photoshop is a plus.
Preferred onsite in Boston but may possibly work remotely with periodic visits to the Boston office as needed
Engagement with Christian Science
Understanding of the Church’s mission and a dedication to its values which include fairness, honesty, respect, and brotherly love. Church membership is preferred.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.