Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to making the world a safer place through innovative cybersecurity solutions. With over 7,200 customers (including half of the Fortune 100) across 120 countries, Rapid7 aims to give Security, IT, and Development teams the tools needed to dramatically improve their security operations. Consistently named one of the best places to work by the Boston Business Journal, Rapid7 views its people as its most important asset and invests heavily in employee career development and company culture.
Rapid7's Product Marketing Team is responsible for leading go-to-market strategy and execution for our portfolio of products and services. As the Product Marketing Manager-Application Security, you'll be responsible for our application security line of business. You'll be the business owner, partnering with Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, Operations, and Customer Success teams to lead ongoing initiatives that drive customer adoption of our application security portfolio. You'll share accountability for quarterly business results by aligning teams across the organization around a unified go-to-market strategy, which is based on your ongoing strategic analysis of customer values, market dynamics, and product capabilities.
- Strategy Leadership: Continuously improve our competitive position by leading teams towards a unified go-to-market vision based on insightful customer segmentation, product positioning, packaging, and messaging.
- Accountability: Share accountability for quarterly business results through constant support of the sales effort, across channels and territories.
- Sales Enablement: Enable sales to be expert consultants to prospective customers.
- Marketing Enablement: Lead the marketing team in their development of promotional campaigns that create awareness, nurture prospects, and drive qualified opportunities.
- Project Management: Operate as the organizer, manager, and leader of cross-functional go-to-market projects.
- Evangelism: Be an evangelist and spokesperson for Rapid7's application security business, educating internal and external stakeholders (customers, channel partners, press, industry analysts).
- Customer and market analysis: Maintain a superior understanding of market and customer insights, representing the customer voice and market point-of-view in product and go-to-market strategy discussions.
- Ongoing improvement: Champion the effort to continuously advance the effectiveness of our go-to-market strategies and systems.
In return you will bring:
- 5+ years in product marketing with experience in application security.
- Expertise in interpreting business opportunities and challenges into effective go-to-market strategy.
- Proven ability to build and lead cross-functional teams, developing and utilizing relationships across levels, departments, and geographies.
- Superior capacity to deliver simple explanations and tell engaging stories that clearly convey who we are, what we do, why we do it, and why it's best.
- Proven success with managing projects.
- Available for occasional travel to industry events as needed.
- B2B marketing experience within technology is preferred.