Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
You will be writing embedded system software for Starry's mmWave radios and indoor wi-fi products. You will be leveraging your extensive command of Linux, C++, RUST, and Python to enable networking for Starry’s Internet Service. You will also be coaching novice to senior level engineers to achieve their goals within Starry. You will be guiding the team by shining example: using your skilled coding, and sharing your passion for modular, reusable code, clean APIs, Linux/ARM, and especially Networking!
Who we're looking for:
- You are a principal level or hands-on technical lead with a BS or MS in Software, Computer, or Electrical engineering or equivalent discipline/experience.
- You are an expert at one of either C++ or RUST or both, and have tackled embedded platform bring-up of physical device drivers (GbE+, SPI, PHYs) within Linux.
- You have at least seven years software development experience, which can be a mix of embedded and high level software development.
Bonus points if..
- You have a solid understanding of WiFi 5 and WiFi 6 (802.11ac / 802.11ax)
- You enjoy digging into murky software/hardware issues
- You creatively use software to make hardware exciting and meaningful
Double bonus points if..
- Understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF technologies
- Possess ability to debug from PHY Layer all the way up the Stack
- Active Open Source Contributor
- A drive to learn new languages and technologies intertwining known software development principles
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.