Reporting to the Rehabilitation Therapies Manager, the Physical Therapist Assistant implements individual physical therapy treatments following the PT plan of care for hospitalized inpatients with physical and functional deficits, helping them to achieve the highest possible level of independence. Monitors and documents patient response during treatment. Collaborates with other disciplines to arrange for appropriate follow-up care. Provides student training according to departmental guidelines and participates in continuous education. Is encouraged to assist in interdisciplinary research.
Work requires an Associates Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant from an accredited institution.
Work requires a current Commonwealth of Massachusetts Physical Therapist Assistant license or eligibility status.
- Current AHA CPR certification
- 1-3 years experience preferable.
- Knowledge of geriatric, pediatric, musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, integumentary, and cardiopulmonary physical therapy.
- Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, families and various members of the health care team.
- Work requires analytical abilities to implement and progress appropriate treatment programs.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Bilingual or multi-lingual skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time and assignments.