We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Shape a rapidly scaling part of Engineering.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for an Operations Support Engineer to help our growing engineering team in the operational support of existing and new software systems. This position represents a ground floor opportunity to become an integral part of our technology team. You will be responsible for the day to day support for all the technologies and processes for your team, enabling the successful operation of the business. This position will play an integral role in improving, expanding, and maintaining our software and infrastructure. The OSE works closely with other departments, particularly in engineering and customer experience, to address issues in production and operational development requests. You will also be the subject matter expert for monitoring your team’s services, ensuring continuous stability, high quality and the timely provision of the team’s deliverables. This is a high impact role, responsible for ensuring best-in-class operational support for our software.
What you’ll do as an Operations Support Engineer:
- Take ownership for the day-to-day operational support for your team, using internal tools, writing SQL, and interacting with SQL databases to ensure the operational integrity of the platform
- Manage, document and triage support and development requests related to your team’s services and processes
- Triage and resolve production issues for key business stakeholders and VIP customers, based on the defined internal SLA time-frames and Escalation policies
- Monitor services and processes, and help to improve monitoring capabilities (ex. production traffic, data validations, job failures, application health, etc.) including building and maintaining dashboards and alerts.
- Help improve and maintain support documentation, including runbooks
- Perform approved customizations and stakeholder requests
- Follow best practices throughout and apply automation where beneficial
What skills you will use:
- Experience in an IT or technical support capacity
- Experience working with relational database technologies like MySQL or SQL Server
- Experience working with and debugging web services and applications
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including the ability to communicate with both business and technical teams
- Creative problem solving skills
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.