MBA Intern | Mental Health Incubator Startup @ Harvard i-lab, non-profit
Do you want to learn how to change the world? Join a startup as it goes from an idea to a team of 40 people and $50M in funding. You will be working primarily with the founding and core team and will have great opportunity to learn learn a lot of skills (aka super powers) from our C-level executives (CEO, COO, etc)!!
At Affect Mental Health, we’re building a non-profit Y combinator (startup incubator) to help entrepreneurs build breakthrough products in mental health. We will produce products that are as impactful as Facebook and Google in mental health. Read more about 3 of many different early stage concepts we've incubated; The 1,000 Journeys Project, where we collect mental health stories to map out where transformative products can have the most impact. Meet Malik and Jessica.
Be a member of the founding team that grew from the Harvard and MIT communities with expertise in fields such as healthcare economics, user experience design, molecular neuroscience, and computational biology. Two years ago, our CEO experienced the two most transformative months of his life participating in this program. He started with zero business experience and learned how to figure out what product to build, how to build it, and how to construct business models. At the end of the program, he raised $10M to start his company. By joining us, you will hopefully gain these superpowers!
As an intern, you will perch atop a world-changing organization and be able to complete a rotation with which ever project's you find most interesting or are most passionate about or even start your own project! From fundraising to HR to product development and many other areas you'll be helping drive an organization from concept to goal setting to execution. You'll be able to wear as many different hats as you like in our organization as we believe people perform at their best when they do the things they're most passionate about.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to see what we're up to!
- Actively learning on the job and diving into new areas where you may have little expertise in
- Learning from mistakes and failed projects (you'll be wearing a lot of hats)
- Amplify the efforts of our executive team (CEO, COO, VPs) and help implement our vision
- Help prototype and build mental health products that will have a huge impact
- Learn about and help maintain our team culture and uphold our values through creative ways
- Own the mission of our organization and wear whatever “hat“ is necessary to achieve OKR's!
- Deeply passionate about mental health
- Loves being productive and getting stuff done (GSD)
- Meticulously organized or open to becoming meticulously organized
- Experience in being or willing to become a great navigator: constantly testing hypothesis and outlining strategy for pivoting when needed
- Personable: highly empathetic
- Relentless learner: you want to maximize your experience with us and learn as much as you can
Our ambition is to build sustainable enterprises—unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle stigma, access, and quality of mental healthcare.
Are you in?
NB: This position is unpaid. For candidates who are University /co-op we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in securing of educational internships (for credit), financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships.