Marketing Strategy Intern | Mental Health Incubator Startup @ Harvard i-lab, non-profit
Do you want to learn how to change the world? Join a startup as it goes from an idea to a team of 40 people and $50M in funding. You will be working primarily with the founding and core team and will have great opportunity to learn learn a lot of skills (aka super powers) from our C-level executives (CEO, COO, etc)!!
At Affect Mental Health, we’re building a non-profit Y combinator(startup incubator) to help entrepreneurs build breakthrough products in mental health. We will produce products that are as impactful as Facebook and Google in mental health. Read more about 3 of many different early stage concepts we've incubated; The 1,000 Journeys Project, where we collect mental health stories to map out where transformative products can have the most impact. Meet Malik and Jessica.
Be a member of the founding team that grew from the Harvard and MIT communities with expertise in fields such as healthcare economics, user experience design, molecular neuroscience, and computational biology. Two years ago, our CEO experienced the two most transformative months of his life participating in this program. He started with zero business experience and learned how to figure out what product to build, how to build it, and how to construct business models. At the end of the program, he raised $10M to start his company. By joining us, you will have the opportunity to learn some of these superpowers!
- Lead digital advertising, with an initial focus on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, and Tumblr
- Develop, monitor, and refine digital marketing campaigns that drive awareness and reduce mental health stigma
- Define campaign objectives, measure success for campaigns, and report on successes or failures
- Identify, test, and develop other digital advertising channels, and make recommendations for investment and creative strategy
- Collaborate with our Design and Research teams to help us communicate the amazing things we're achieving with the world
- Own the mission of our organization and wear whatever “hat“ is necessary to achieve OKR's!
Requirements, you are:
- Deeply passionate about mental health and all things marketing
- Your creativity has no limits, and you’re able to produce a viral campaign on a shoestring budget
- Meticulously organized: you're excellent at or open to learning fast to efficiently managing projects, especially in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic) environment
- Experience in or open to becoming a great navigator: constantly testing hypothesis and outlining strategy for pivoting when needed
- Personable: highly empathetic, comfortable interfacing with end-users on sensitive topics
- Relentless learner: you want to maximize your experience with us and learn as much as you can
- Sound understanding of design-thinking processes
- Insatiable curiosity around why products succeed and what delights users
- Experience in AdWords, Facebook Power Editor, and/or AdRoll
- Able to transform abstract, complex concepts into practical and elegant design
- Appreciation of puns (:
Our ambition is to build sustainable enterprises—unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle stigma, access, and quality of mental healthcare.
Are you in?
NB: This position is unpaid. For candidates who are University /co-op we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in securing of educational internships (for credit), financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships.