Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Paving the way for these amazing projects is our Technology capability, dedicated to transforming the digital marketing landscape. The Technology capability collaborates with other capabilities within Digitas such as Strategy, Creative, Data Science and Media, as well as client business and technology representatives, to bring cutting edge digital products and campaigns to life. We also have strategic partnerships with many of the world's leading marketing and advertising technology vendors that helps us leverage the best platforms and tools for our clients.
To help with this, we're looking for an outstanding Manager, Digital Product Management – someone who can join a new or existing digital project and lead the project forward with gathering, documenting and prioritizing requirements in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Sound like you? Read on.
What you'll do:
The Digital Product Management practice provides traditional product management support (requirements gathering and specification documentation), as well as technology strategy services (e.g. technology assessments and vendor evaluations) to support complex digital projects being defined, designed and developed by Digitas. These projects range from marketing communication to data engineering to emerging technology. Client digital tasks are increasing in scope and complexity and the need for effective tech leadership and product management skills has never been greater to deliver on those needs.
As Manager, Digital Product Management, you'll lead product roadmaps for a set of features from inception through implementation on a range of highly dynamic and data-driven digital projects and initiatives within our client portfolio.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Leading requirements gathering through analysis of the project goals and the client's digital ecosystem, background research, and working sessions/interviews with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the creation, communication and management of requirements or functional specifications documentation. Creating user and process flow diagrams, data models, analysis matrices, interface behavior, back-end business rules or other methods to facilitate understanding and agreement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating in client walkthroughs of requirements and/or live demonstrations of working functionality and capturing feedback.
- Supporting the technology lead(s) with auditing and analysis of technologies and vendors under consideration for project solutions.
- Supporting the development team by communicating requirements and functional specifications as well as responding to requests for clarification and deeper analysis.
- Partnering with the QA team by reviewing and providing feedback on test cases, logging and triaging defects as well as keeping documentation up-to-date as discrepancies are identified.
- Supporting DevOps to review and approve finished development work before release into production.
- Supporting the project manager by participating in scope definition, prioritization of requirements, identifying project tasks, estimating time, and including assumptions, risks and dependencies.
- Collaborating with Experience Designers (XD), Art Directors, and Copywriters in the detailed design phase of projects and providing concise accurate feedback to help align with the requirements.
- Supporting the Account Team in managing client stakeholders by providing documentation within agreed timeframes and consolidating open questions/issues for communication with clients.
- Educating others on industry best practices for product management and technology as well as staying current on emerging digital technologies and trends to support your analysis and client discussions.
- Participating in the Digital Product Management practice and Technology capability's continuous improvement activities by bringing ideas to the table and showcasing work for discussion.
- Managing other Digital Product Manager on the project and/or direct reports through proactive mentoring and timely constructive feedback.