GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Incumbent will report to the Manager, Pathology Informatics and Information Systems and will be responsible for the oversight of the Orders and Interfaces team supporting BH Pathology (BWH and BWF) and associated systems. S/He will manage direct reports and will also work closely with business owners, clinical leaders, stakeholders, vendors and front-line clinicians to gain a deep understanding of clinician workflow and incorporate that understanding into the evolution and support of these systems. S/he will also work in close collaboration with the Enterprise PeP (Partners Enterprise Pathology) Operations and BH Pathology Informatics teams to coordinate resources and demand management, ensuring efficient use of resources and a high level of user support. Requires advanced knowledge of systems analysis, good customer service and problem solving skills, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, learn new tools and technologies and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee BH enhancement, upgrade, integration and support services, working with business owners, external customers, Enterprise PeP team, BH Laboratory Informatics team, vendors and internal resources. Understand and provide a forum to acknowledge and prioritize all aspects of service/support.
- Attain a solid understanding of clinician workflow internal to lab processes, as well as those of ordering clinicians and other allied health professionals relying on lab data. Work with lab leadership and other stakeholders to optimize these processes to improve integration and coordination between labs and front end clinical requirements.
- Oversee the implementation, use and maintenance of interfaces between pathology instrumentation, facility specific software, middleware and Enterprise software. Ensure that Pathology analytic support team staff is trained to effectively analyze issues and effectively identify the appropriate resources to maintain and/or restore effective operations.
- Incorporate the best practices for training in the development and execution of training programs for new hires. Incumbent is expected to oversee the creation and publication of relevant documentation to support staff in performance of on-call duties.
- Oversee project organization, including defining project requirements, developing project plans, organizing project staff, and establishing realistic timelines.
- Provide 24-hour on-call support on a rotating basis with other analysts and specialists to address urgent issues that cannot be handled by the Partners Help Desk.
- Provide on-going support of live applications including but not limited to on-site and telephone support, system maintenance, system enhancements, bug fixes, and upgrades
- Creates and maintains integration support, enhancement, and project documentation
- Serve on key BH committees related to job responsibilities.
- Evaluate overall employee performance. Conduct annual performance evaluations (merit) and career conversations for all direct reports in a timely and thorough manner.
- Establish and maintain a positive team environment through leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- Work with direct reports, IS department management, and Human Resources to ensure that all staff are appropriately informed, supported, trained, guided and evaluated.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Pathology Informatics and Information Systems
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5 Years working with clinical systems
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate and understand new software
- Experience in documenting and analyzing workflow required.
- Experience working with Epic clinical applications (Has obtained Certification or Proficiency)
- strongly preferred.
- Experience specific to Sunquest strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in laboratory operations or support of laboratory systems a plus.
- Ability to plan and manage a project, its tasks, dependencies, team members, other resources and timeline; and to prioritize and delegate accordingly.
- Ability to provide 24x7 user support which may include direct user support in patient care areas
- Strong PC skills required, knowledge of PC applications, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and Project, PowerPoint and Visio preferred.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivery of high-quality customer service.
- Ability to relate job responsibilities to hospital operations and the strategic objectives of Partners Healthcare Systems and respective institutions