iOS Lead Developer (MXM)
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated and skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
The Member Experience Messaging (MXM) team is focused on building a best-in-class messaging product connecting members and membership services. Conversations between members and membership services are a key component of the WHOOP experience, ensuring that members are supported, guided, and successful in their pursuit of performance goals. MXM enables these conversations to take place in-app and supports both reactive support and proactive guidance. These capabilities are critical to making members successful with WHOOP, retaining them long-term, and scaling these benefits to a rapidly increasing member base
As the Technical Lead of the Membership Experience team, you will be responsible for leading a team of mobile and backend engineers to create a high-quality and highly-reliable messaging user experience. Technical Leads at WHOOP are “player-coaches”, and we are looking for someone who is as passionate about crafting high quality code as they are about helping other engineers level-up.
- Work collaboratively in a high growth environment with a product, design, and technical vision
- Lead the technical direction and own the entire MXM stack, including both iOS and Android apps and the backend APIs and services
- Contribute to our iOS native mobile app, with the opportunity to set best practices and increase usability for users and developers alike
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members, including Software and Membership Services leadership
- Drive cross team projects to completion working with other mobile and backend engineers
- Present solutions and frameworks for the betterment of the team to other software teams
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering iOS apps in a professional environment
- Product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience
- Experience leading a team of like-minded high-performing engineers
- Proven record of shipping member facing features to a large member base
- Experience with iOS user interface technologies
- Expertise in Swift (iOS) and good knowledge of Objective-C
- Experience developing libraries, frameworks, and tooling to be used by other developers
- Excellent knowledge of platform-specific tools (iOS: Xcode, Fastlane, CocoaPods)
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across iOS/Android and external systems
Find out more about us:
Software engineering principles at WHOOP: Blog
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.