Job Description Job #: 1021299
Scientist, Immuno-Oncology 1021299
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our Boston based preclinical IND stage client, targeting innate immunity drug discovery- is seeking an exceptional Immuno-oncology scientist to join their ranks. You will help to spearhead the design, development, and execution of human and/or mouse immunological assays to support client pipeline development of novel small molecule therapeutics in Immuno oncology and immunology.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project leads and discovery scientists to identify and develop robust immunological assays to support programs through all stages of preclinical development
- Identify relevant sources of primary immune cells and establish robust SOPs for single and multi-cellular assays required for screening compounds, determining MOA and validating biomarkers
- Provide expertise in the functional area of immunology/Immuno oncology and work independently to design, conduct, and analyze
- Lead key activities and establish and expand internal wet lab capabilities at our growing Boston site to drive projects from discovery to first-time-in-human.
Primary Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Immunology or Immuno-Pharmacology related discipline. Industry experience is preferred but not required; OR, Bachelor's or Master's degree in immunology, immuno-oncology or related field with 5-7+ years of Biotech or Pharmaceutical experience in immunology or immuno-oncology focus
- Thorough knowledge of immunology and a strong background in oncology
- Hands-on experience with various in vitro/ex vivo immunology-related techniques, including immune cell isolation & manipulation, cytokine/chemokine profiling, and phenotypic characterization of immune cells
- Research expertise in the field of innate immunity, including hands-on experiences with functional characterization of dendritic cells, macrophages, and/or NK cells is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in high-dimensional flow cytometry to phenotypically characterize immune cells from human and murine tissue samples, including both surface and intracellular staining is required
- Proficiency in general mammalian cell culture, transient/ stable cell line generation, RT-PCR/qPCR, PAGE, Western-blotting
- Hands-on experience in gene modulating technologies, such as RNAi and/or CRISPR/Cas9, recombinant expression construct design & cloning, is plus
- Ability to mentor junior scientists and colleagues on best laboratory practices is highly valued
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
[ Link Removed ]
[ Link Removed ]
[ Link Removed ]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] -6178.