Attention applicants: Do not apply for this position using the MassCareers website.
To apply, follow the link below to the Attorney General's Office direct application page.
IT BUSINESS ANALYST
Executive Bureau/Information Technology Division
Position Summary: The IT Business Analyst is a member of the Business Applications Team responsible for aligning the business processes of the office with technology solutions utilizing the Attorney General's Office (AGO) Enterprise Business Applications.
Primary Duties: The IT Business Analyst is a customer-facing position responsible for the analysis, testing, user procedures, and user training for the AGO Matter Management Platform. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support, configure, strategize, and evangelize the use of AGO business applications;
- Gather business requirements primarily in user story format for AGO Divisions;
- Conduct system administration, production support, and vendor management;
- Maintain relevant and current knowledge within assigned technical fields;
- Keep Product Owner and team updated on progress;
- Maintain product backlog to support Product Owner's goals and vision;
- Work closely with the Product Owner to support her/his vision, goals, and priorities;
- Other duties as needed.
Position Type: Full-Time/Exempt
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience
You will be asked to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position. The application deadline is November 22, 2019.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will gladly assist applicants who are in need of an accommodation. For assistance, contact the Human Resources Division at (617) 963-2041.
Do not select MassCareers “apply online“ option to apply for this position. Applications submitted via this MassCareers website are not received by our Office.
Inquiries regarding position & status may be made to:
Kevin Coluci, Chief Information Officer
Information Technology Division
- Bachelor's degree;
- Team player with an empathetic and growth mindset;
- Ability to lead projects when necessary;
- Ability to communicate with business users, as well as solution designers and developers;
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects;
- Ability to work in an Agile environment, specifically, using the Scrum framework;
- Ability to self-manage while working transparently;
- Strong communication skills.
Desired Technical Experience:
- Enterprise Business Application experience;
- Databases, Reporting, and Analytics;
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum project management;
- Familiarity with legal terms and concepts;
- Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Visio.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a connection and commitment to the people and communities we serve, and an interest in supporting a respectful and inclusive work environment.
The Attorney General's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As the representative of the Commonwealth and its residents, the Attorney General's Office strives to ensure that those working in our office reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. The Office encourages applicants from a broad spectrum of backgrounds to apply for positions.
Do not select MassCareers “apply online“ option. Any automated message generated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts MassCareers website does not apply to posted positions at the Attorney General's Office. You must apply directly at: www.mass.gov/ago/employment.