Benchling believes in putting our customers at the center of everything we do. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers from the first touchpoint, through our implementations, and after they are live. We take pride in our world-class renewal rates, and Customer Success is an essential part of this equation. To keep up with our rapidly expanding growth, we are building out three functions within our Customer Experience Organization: Professional Services, Managed Services & Support, and post go-live Customer Success.
We are looking for a seasoned Customer Success leader with experience in Life Sciences and Enterprise SaaS, who can help us build and grow the Customer Success team, develop processes, and drive execution. This will be a team who understands our products, our customers, their scientific workflows, and develops strategies and tactics for how Benchling can best be utilized to deliver value once customers are live. They will build ongoing relationships with our customers and users, and work hand in hand with other teams throughout Benchling to ensure our customers get the most out of their Benchling investments, have high rates of customer satisfaction, and continue to renew and expand.
- Build and grow a world class Customer Success team. Develop the optimal team model, roles and responsibilities, team goals and objectives. Develop, action plans, playbooks, and key metrics of success to support customer segments with different levels of touch.
- Engage and build relationships with senior Business and IT leaders at our customers. Identify challenges and areas of risk, develop solutions and execution plans to avoid churn.
- Collaborate with Sales on renewal and up-sell strategies and renewal forecasts, with a focus on customer retention.
- Select and implement systems and processes to provide holistic tracking of customer health and a data driven approach to decision making.
- Collaborate with other CX leaders on strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journey mapping, voice-of-customer, and product feedback sessions to drive a seamless holistic customer experience and foster a company-wide culture of Customer Success.
- Promote awareness of the latest Benchling capabilities, ensure customers are utilizing key product features to maximize success. Define and implement programs to drive adoption and retention of Benchlings solutions.
- Collaborate with other Benchling teams from Support, Product, and Professional Services to manage customer issues and risks, and drive issues to closure.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to implement exec sponsor programs, business reviews processes, customer sat surveys, reference programs, case studies, and others.
- 10+ years of Customer Success experience in a SaaS software environment
- Experience building a successful CSM team in a growth-oriented environment, with proven ability to recruit, hire, and lead a high-functioning Customer Success team
- Experience working with Life Sciences companies with an understanding of R&D processes and scientific concepts. Must be able to confidently interface and build trust with Director, VP and C-Level Scientific & Research IT leaders in top-20 Biotech and Pharma companies from day 1 on the job.
- BS or M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology or similar life science field, or equivalent professional experience working with Life Sciences R&D processes and/or technology
- Results-driven leader who is not afraid to lead from the front, dig into the details, understand our product, our customers scientific workflows, and tackle issues with the front-line teams
- Functional understanding of SaaS as a product delivery mechanism, with a willingness to learn our product and develop processes
- Independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and presentation formats
- Ability to travel 30-50% based on customer needs
- Ideally, located in either the San Francisco Bay Area or Boston
- Empower through information. We explain the “why“ behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, “Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.“
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.