Do you want to learn how to change the world? Join a startup as it goes from an idea to a team of 40 people and $50M in funding. You will be working primarily with the CEO and have the opportunity to learn leadership skills (aka super powers) from our C-level executives (CEO, COO, etc).
At Affect Mental Health, we’re building a non-profit Y combinator (startup incubator) to help entrepreneurs build breakthrough products in mental health. We aim to produce products that are as impactful as Facebook and Google in mental health. Read more about The 1,000 Journeys Project a startup concept we've incubated where we collect mental health stories to map out where transformative products can have the most impact. Meet Malik and Jessica.
Be a member of the founding team that grew from the Harvard and MIT communities with expertise in fields such as healthcare economics, user experience design, molecular neuroscience, and computational biology. We are participating in the Harvard Venture Accelerator. As part of this team, you will learn how to be an entrepreneur. Two years ago, our CEO experienced the two most transformative months of his life participating in this program. He started with zero business experience and learned how to figure out what product to build, how to build it, and how to construct business models. At the end of the program, he raised $10M to start his company.
As a designer, you will empower everyone on our team to do our best work by ensuring that our insights are most effectively communicated to the world! You'll be helping drive an organization from concept to goal setting to execution.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to see what we're up to!!
- Create high-quality visual content for our brand, digital platforms, newsletter, marketing material, and maybe even a few t-shirts
- Work with the Director of Development to understand the company’s brand and elevate our digital presence
- Build, refine, and own all our visual assets
- Voice your opinions about brand and design
- Keep up with the latest design trends, news, and hacks because you ❤ design through and through
- Deeply passionate about mental health and committed to our mission of accelerating mental health solutions
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Sketch, or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of typography, icon design, and branding. You build your own iconography, set your own guidelines, and always create easy-to-navigate documents
- Dynamic learner that has an ability to translate complex concepts and tell compelling stories through design. You know just when to add some flair, and when to keep it simple.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
Our ambition is to help entrepreneurs build sustainable enterprises—unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle stigma, access, and quality of mental healthcare.
Please include a link to samples of your previous designs.
NB: This position is unpaid. For candidates who are University /co-op we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in securing of educational internships (for credit), financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships.