We’re looking for...
A Temp-perm Graphic Designer to design and develop digital assets for Gilt’s Sales. We’re looking for someone with the desire to be a part of something big, the training and foundation to create outstanding work daily, a sophisticated aesthetic sense and the interest to collaborate and succeed in a dynamic retail fashion environment. You’ll be joining a team that takes pride in the excellence of everything they do, all while respecting and protecting the integrity of the world-class brands featured on-site
What you’ll accomplish...
- Create digital assets from conceptualization, to design, through final sign-off
- Develop and maintain design standards for all assets pertaining to the Gilt brand
- With guidance from the senior designer, develop excellent designs that showcase world-class fashion brands with the same level of quality the brands hold for themselves
- Inspire and mentor associate designers by modeling a collegial, positive working environment for other Gilt Creative Team members
- Develop concepts for photography and design to support branded and curated site takeovers
- Stay on top of all trends in design in order to keep the Gilt Creative Team inspired and in the know
- Contribute to swipe library and concepts
- Work collaboratively on each project with others on the team including art directors, designers, copywriters, copyeditors etc.
- Receive and give constructive feedback on each project with a positive attitude
- Must be able to shift priorities to meet deadlines based on changing calendars
- Ensure projects are completed on time in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Opportunity to improve your creative and design skills
- Opportunity to grow your strategic skills
- Opportunity to hone your leadership skills
- Opportunity to be an integral, contributing part of a tight-knit Creative Team
- Opportunity to work with high-level business partners
- Opportunity to directly affect the business
THE RIGHT FIT:
- Digital Graphic Design chops – someone with a passion for, and mastery of, design and the desire to both direct and be hands-on.
- Love for all things fashion related, combined with the ability to filter through current trends in fashion and design
- Fresh thinking and curiosity – the ability to challenge assumptions, think innovatively and solve complex problems creatively
- Positive and solutional thinking – we are a highly collaborative and collegial team
- Strong self-motivation, accountability and drive to succeed.
- Excitement and passion to take the Gilt business to the next level
- Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, social media, retailing and ecommerce
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe CS5 suite with emphasis on Photoshop (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Bridge)
- Mastery of typography in both traditional and web-based environments
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience in the world of fashion, either through agency or branded work
- Sophisticated sense of color
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a designer in an agency or in-house creative group
- Experience creating and optimizing graphics for web and print pieces
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last-minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
- BA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography
- A strong portfolio of relevant work
We can’t wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume and online or pdf portfolio for consideration. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. That’s where this department – with its consistent design and voice – comes in. Whether it’s the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design and photography, our team works hard to creative a cohesive and complete experience. The Creative Team drives the Gilt Member’s journey. We concept, design and write cohesive campaigns that meet marketing’s strategy and objectives.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, over 15 million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women’s, men’s and children's apparel and accessories to home decor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.