Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visitwww.aptiv.com/our-journey and see ourwww.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
We are seeking a talented full stack software engineer to help develop and drive the next generation of our advanced tools to evaluate and improve our perception stack. Developing cutting edge perception software requires constant validation against collected data in order to assess regression and enable developers to target specific areas for improvement. This validation takes place in a real-time environments that replicate the conditions in the car and produces artifacts that can easily be inspected by our perception engineers.
Things you’ll get to work on:
- Design and implement full-stack solutions for computing, storing and presenting evaluation metrics computed using the data acquired from our growing vehicle fleet
- Supervise and develop tools for the data acquisition pipeline that fuels our metric evaluation system
- Work in close contact with perception team to develop and implement cutting-edge metrics for a constantly evolving perception stack
- Manage the interaction with the teams in charge of the compute infrastructure and data storage
Education and experience we want from you:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science
- 3+ years professional work experience as a software engineer
Skills and traits you will likely already have:
- Strong Python skills
- 3+ years experience building scalable backend infrastructure using Node.js
- Strong Linux background
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS fundamentals
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, mongoDB, etc)
- Experience with REST API and web technology
- Experience with version control tools (e.g., Git)
Bonus points (but not required):
- Experience working with Docker and virtual machine deployment
- Experience managing AWS and in-house server infrastructure
- Solid understanding of 3D geometry
- Autonomous vehicle industry experience
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.