Front End Engineer, Amazon FSx
Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
Amazon FSx makes it easy and cost effective to launch and run popular file systems that are fully managed by AWS. With Amazon FSx, you can leverage the rich feature sets and fast performance of widely-used open source and commercially-licensed file systems, while avoiding time-consuming administrative tasks such as hardware provisioning, software configuration, patching, and backups. The service provides cost-efficient capacity with high levels of reliability, and integrates with a broad portfolio of AWS services to enable faster innovation.
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to join the Amazon FSx Control Plane team. You will be responsible for helping us reimagine and build new and exciting capabilities to our customer facing Amazon FSx console. Our console is highly utilized and is the front door to the service.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with Product Managers to define the FSx console experience in the AWS console
- Participate in the community of front end developers at AWS and drive best practices across the FSx service team
- Invest in pipeline automation to deliver on continuous deployment in line with AWS safety engineering standards
- Coach and mentor console developers on FSx
A day in the life
We focus on building solutions that help our customers use Amazon FSx to simplify their processes. You work closely with your manager, peer software developers, and product managers on the service to help build and operate the service. We believe that every person on the team is an owner and we trust each other. You should expect to take ownership of tasks, milestones and projects.
About the team
On the Amazon FSx control plane team, we strive to be the glue of the service. We are responsible for being generalists across the entire service and we build solutions that span all file system engines. We are interested in challenging each other, learning from each other, and delivering as a team.
- 2+ years of professional front-end development
- Strong UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or the equivalent)
- Passion for usability and creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.