Silicon Labs seeks an Embedded Firmware Engineer to work on the software and tools used in our wireless networking technology. As part of our radio software team you will help create and extend the code that presents a consistent, well-structured, well-documented, high-quality interface to our wireless chips.
- Participate in the design, development and testing of our software platform as a member of the core radio software team.
- Design and maintain the common radio abstraction layer for all Silicon Labs low power wireless micros.
- Design, implement, and maintain radio physical and MAC layer code, system startup code, peripheral drivers, security, and system test and verification programs.
- Tune code for optimal resource utilization, reliability, performance and energy efficiency.
- Specify and customize 3rd party tools such as compilers, IDE's & debuggers for use with our products.
- Work with circuit and chip design teams to specify and verify new designs.
- BS/MS in EE/ECE/CS or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in embedded software development.
- Solid C Language skills.
- Background in highly resource-constrained, real time, embedded environments.
- Experience with Assembly Language for at least one microcontroller such as ARM, AVR, MSP430, 8051 or HC08.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Experience specifying hardware requirements and working with hardware engineers.
- Proficiency with electronics bench test equipment, e.g. oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
- Experience with hardware description language is a plus.
- Great medical (Choice of PPO or Consumer Driven Health Plan with HSA), dental & vision plans
- Highly competitive salary
- 401k plan with match and Roth plan option
- Equity rewards (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/AD&D and disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Adoption assistance
- Back-Up childcare
- Additional benefit options (Commuter benefits, Legal benefits, Pet insurance)
- Up to 25 days off per full year, (2 weeks of vacation, 1 week floating holidays, & 10 company holidays)
- 3 paid volunteer days per year
- Charitable contribution match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free downtown parking
- Onsite gym
- Monthly wellness offerings
- Free snacks
- Monthly company updates with our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.