BAIN CAPITAL OVERVIEW:
Bain Capital, LP is one of the world's leading private multi-asset alternative investment firms with over $105 billion of assets under management that creates lasting impact for our investors, teams, businesses, and communities in which we live. Since our founding in 1984, we've applied our insight and experience to organically expand into several asset classes including private equity, credit, public equity, venture capital and real estate. We leverage our shared platform to capture cross-asset class opportunities in strategic areas of focus. With offices on four continents, our global team aligns our interests with those of our investors for lasting impact.
The Financial Planning and Analysis group helps to develop strategic and operations plans for senior executives. This includes budgets, forecasts, multi-year financial plans and a variety of ad hoc requests.
Participation in the following initiatives:
- Compile analysis around the annual budget process and related monitoring exercises throughout the year
- Assist in developing & maintaining an Executive Dashboard of key metrics
- Contribute to the development of the organization's long-term multi-year strategic plan; incorporating real-time and planned changes to the business
- Support capital structure management exercises; balance sheet & cash flow analysis
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Liaise with compensation team and corporate finance/accounting team on a daily basis
- 5-8 years of experience in a financial analytics environment, preferably in either a corporate FP&A group that has provided foundation in corporate finance and business strategy, or a public accounting firm.
- Financial services industry (private equity or banking) a plus
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects with the highest attention to detail
- Creative problem solving ability and sound judgment – ability to use own initiative and take responsibility for decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills with capacity to interact with all levels
- Capable of working fairly independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong excel and powerpoint skills
- Team player
- Completion of, or progress towards, MBA, CFA, or CPA a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business