Serves as the central receiver of incoming communication to the ED and performs the initial greeting/reception function, interacting with patients,families, and visitors; unit based staff, and clerical staff and all departments throughout the MGH. Additional responsibilities include answering phones, paging, providing directions, use of the EDIS System, filing and faxing.
- Sound judgment
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and problem-solve in a very busy environment
- Strong customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be flexibile and able to function within a team
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful circumstances
- Basic computer skills required for MS Outlook and EDIS.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree preferred
- Healthcare setting preferred
- 1 year related work experience preferred