Director, IT/IS Purchase Services
The Director, IT /IS Purchase Services is primarily responsible for managing all purchased services from technology and IT consulting vendors for DentaQuest.
The Director, IT /IS Purchase Services will assume direct responsibility to solve business/technology problems, identify and prioritize projects and drive adoption of technology solutions to achieve the DentaQuest’s goals. The responsibilities include building technology solution roadmaps and align the development of these solutions with business objectives. In partnership with Vendor Management Team, plays a pivotal role in developing vendor strategy, creating standards and processes to objectively evaluate vendor proposals, optimize vendor performance, develop KPIs and realize contract value. Acts as a catalyst between IT and business supporting the internal organization as vendor needs arise and manage vendor performance across the full portfolio of projects and staff augmentation contracts.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads a global team of contractors and third-party vendors to deliver IT applications and enhancements
- Develops, manages, and executes an IT system development life cycle & agile strategy and process
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking
- Manages the ongoing day to day issues, enhancements, and transformation projects
- Manages vendors responsible for the hosting and support of corporate applications
- Responsible for IT controls, compliance, and audit, including IT support needed for HiTrust compliance and other general regulations
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders on technology initiatives, including management of project intake process
- Understanding the line of business and partners within division to develop technology solutions for new business needs as well as manage current systems
- Leverages and manages Project Manager(s) to ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner
- Manages delivery and implementation of applications
- Support the relationship management for management control and internal control.
- Collaborate with Vendor Management Team to define IT standards and processes to ensure effective procurement of 3rd party vendors to provide IT services including RFP/RFI procedures, vendor performance management, etc.
- Monitor vendor spending patterns, oversee vendor performance management processes to ensure realization of contracted scope.
- Builds partnerships with the IT functional teams to support their vendor needs, coaching and advising on competitive bids, negotiation of terms and conditions, and managing vendor performance.
- Identify opportunities for diversification and/or consolidation for mitigating risk and/or achieving favorable pricing
- Help monitor and manage overall outside labor and vendor spending, roll-off dates, and ensuring adherence to budgets
- Identify potential issues/events that could affect vendor performance, resources, schedule, budget, scope and/or deadline; escalate issues to appropriate parties for resolution
- Works with managers and directors to establish the team’s goals and objectives, participating in the definition of work products and timelines.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of a team of Information Systems professionals. Focuses on producing the team’s deliverables on-time and within budget.
- Employs service management and/or project management methodologies to deliver high quality work products.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science
- Able to leading global teams that consist of internal and outsourced resources. Ability to communicate via telephone, video conferencing and other collaboration tools to work in a virtual environment
- Ability to lead the analysis of complex business needs, and integrate those into compelling and actionable strategic plans.
- Ability to operate within a matrixed organization
- Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments
- Interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and relationships at all levels of the organizations
- Leadership and people development skills
- Analytical, technical, planning and organizational skills
- Written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced competency level with various PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, transparent and fluid environment
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Agility in a quickly growing environment with competing demands
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work well under pressure
- Master’s degree in Technology or an MBA strongly preferred
- PMP/LSS Black Belt Certification will be a huge plus
- Ten years IT applications service and support experience. Experience with US Healthcare & Insurance industry is highly desirable
- Five years of experience with a variety of technologies - .net, Java, Oracle, Agile, and Salesforce
- Five years of program/project management a plus security & compliance, SLAs, performance metrics, QBR, RFPs/RFIs
- Three years of relevant experience building strong vendor relationships.
- Three years of work experience with procurement and contract negotiations, MSA, SoW, change order management
- Knowledge and experience across various sectors within the healthcare industry. Ability to manage work independently end-to-end, make independent decisions, and meet milestones and provide deliverables on time.
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting.
- Ability to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Operate personal computer equipment.
- Occasional overnight travel in most cases by air.
- Work schedule determined by project schedules.
- May be required to work on the page/call rotation.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.