Havas Edge San Diego
Job Description Summary :
The Programmatic Strategy Director will lead the programmatic offering at Havas Edge and will be responsible for delivering Edge's programmatic strategy, building relationships with clients and ensuring a world class media product. H/she will be responsible for establishing strong relationships with clients and partners which includes being the primary point of contact for day-to-day management of client business.
The ideal candidate will have experience in client negotiation and management experience with the ability to write clearly and to make lively, imaginative but substantive presentations to current and prospective clients.
Job Description :
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as a first point of escalation for Programmatic related issues around and not limited to campaign performance; ensure issues are dealt with tact and in a timely manner
- Develop, maintain, and grow strong relationships with clients and vendor partners
- Develop, evolve and refine the client service process
- Deliver programmatic strategy as part of yearly, half yearly and quarterly planning process as part of the agency's integrated planning teams
- Work alongside media planning and programmatic team(s) to ensure relevant strategies are implemented and ensure campaigns are meeting/exceeding client goals and requirements
- Work seamlessly with the wider teams, including Digital Media, TV (short-form and long-form) and Analytics
- Combine media market & technical knowledge, data analysis and client feedback to help sell, develop, configure, operate and optimize complex campaigns to meet client objectives
- Define spending strategies, success metrics and portfolio management with his/her respective team
- Develop longer term solutions for clients including custom data management solutions, data solutions and work with clients and agencies to expand scope of services within client base to capture all possible opportunities arising from the audience platform approach
Planning & Activation
- Deliver programmatic pricing in support of day to day planning and new business activity
- Deliver programmatic plans which feed into integrated channel planning
- Ensure all tactical media plan requirements are correctly communicated to all relevant teams and entered in the relevant platforms
- Ensure all best practices as defined by the agency are followed when it comes to pixel implementation
- Ensure that invoicing, briefing and SLA process is understood and adhered to by all applicable teams
Leadership & Team Development
- Bring to the team an in-depth knowledge of the digital media industry and media market dynamics and managerial client service experience
- Proven expert in various tools and best practices for multiple Demand Side Platforms, offering insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness through deep use of each platform's functionality
- Effectively manage, mentor and develop the Programmatic Trading Team; goal setting, collaboration, training, feedback reviews and other career development opportunities
- Be a programmatic evangelist for internal & external stakeholders
- Actively participate in new business and internal agency dealings
- Provide proactive contribution to client's business growth by identifying new business opportunities
Performance Management & Reporting
- Ensure successful delivery of work to track, measure, and analyze all campaign activities and drive resolution of delivery and performance issues
- Enhance reporting processes to focus on actionable insights that drive growth
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Economics or related field of study
- Minimum 6-7 years' experience in digital media account management with a leading online advertising agency, network, advertising exchange or optimization firm, preferably in a client service focused role
- Minimum 4 years' experience managing/planning programmatic media
- Experienced with cross platform planning and activation including OTT/CTV required
- Experience in growing, managing and inspiring internal teams; strong leadership and organizational skills
- Familiarity with the broader ad tech landscape including DSPs (theTradeDesk, MediaMath, etc.), social media platforms, data management platforms, ad serving, and attribution technologies
- Working knowledge of activation and campaign management
- Knowledge of offline and online space; understands the relationships between brand, media, and consumer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to audiences with varying levels of digital understanding; ideally comfortable in a consultative, client-facing environment
- Ability to craft and deliver a cohesive and compelling story through PowerPoint decks
- Ability to investigate, analyze & solve problems, and clearly communicate results
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including operations such as v-lookup, functions, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with MS Access, VBA/Excel Macros, SQL, SAS or other data manipulation tools a strong plus
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills with knowledge of testing methodologies
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while handling multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Strong project management skills; detail-oriented and able to coordinate multiple projects
WHO WE ARE?
Build the Business. Build the Brand.
At Havas Edge we influence people to act by combining multi-channel marketing and commerce plus the creative and technology that powers them. Our work results in profitable growth and lasting relationships between customers and our client's brands.
Havas Edge is an award-winning international performance marketing agency with a proven track record of helping clients succeed. We're an integrated agency that embraces every media channel, a creative powerhouse that loves data and analytics, and a passionate partner committed to giving clients more for less. With expertise across all digital, broadcast and media domains, we help our clients build their businesses and brands - in that order.
Havas Edge is also part of the Edge Performance Network, a full-service, global performance marketing network. The Edge Performance Network offers clients expertise in all aspects of performance marketing, from analytics to strategy, creative and production, media planning and buying across all channels, as well as the industry's best attribution and modeling capabilities.
We are a full-service, direct response agency, headquartered in Carlsbad, CA with offices and affiliated offices in Boston, MA; London, UK; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; and Paris, FR.
Contract Type :
Here at Havas across the group we pride ourselves on being committed to offering equal opportunities to all potential employees and have zero tolerance for discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability and other factors that have no bearing on an individual's ability to perform their job.
Due to high volume of applications, only eligible or matching candidates will be contacted by us.