At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we're growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
As the Director on the Workplace Innovation team, you'll be the leader of product strategy, design, innovation and implementation within our newly created Workplace Innovation team. We are looking for someone who can think outside the box and translate pioneering ideas into action to help us deliver pace-setting new products to enhance the experience of our clients. If you are a strategic, self-starter who has a proven track record in taking ideas from incubation to full-scale development, this may be the opportunity for you!
As the Director, Workplace Innovation you will play a critical role in developing and implementing our product strategy by understanding our target customer's needs and the external landscape. You will collaborate with other areas of the business to develop key offerings that set Edelman Financial Engines apart in the Institutional Services space and position us to achieve our growth goals.
We are looking for someone who has a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and has experience developing new ideas to help us accelerate our focus on innovative, best-in-class institutional services product design. If you are a strategic thinker with strong project management skills who likes to own the work – including developing the plan, creating the content, and executing your ideas – this may be the opportunity for you!
- Serve as the chief product architect within the firm's innovation division, managing ideas from concept to design, pilot and testing, forecasting, cost analysis, mass production, promotion, and ongoing support.
- Create the vision and roadmap for new services within the Workplace business that will differentiate Edelman Financial Engines and create untapped value for our customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to evaluate and prioritize opportunities to refine current offerings to enhance value of existing services.
- Partner with Product and Technology leadership to influence overall product strategy and execute solutions to meet customer need – including development and implementation.
- Deliver the operating plan to achieve the firm's growth objectives, including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment for key channels and customers.
- Growth mindset with a passion for maximizing existing and finding new sources of revenue.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills in a matrixed organizational environment.
- Data-driven decision making and results orientation.
- Strategic/Outside the box thinker, with a creative brain and a problem-solving mentality.
- Get-it-done mentality, comfortable with ambiguity, and ability to figure out solutions with little direction.
- 7-10 years of experience in product development
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America's top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews1 and Barron's2 with 170+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $213 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client's situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
For more information, visit www.EdelmanFinancialEngines.com and www.FinancialEngines.com
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
1 Ranking and status for 2019. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center;
2 The 2019 Top 50 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron's is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.