At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we're growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
As a Human Resources Business Partner, you'll work with leaders and managers focusing on organizational and management effectiveness and creating a productive and engaging work experience for employees.
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the HR Business Partner is located onsite in our Boston office and supports the workforce located in Kansas City, Fairfax, Phoenix and Boston. This is a hands-on role in providing HR partnership and support for all Sponsor & Record Keeper Client, Finance and Legal employees.
- Collaborate closely with the HR centers of excellence and client group organization leaders to deploy all aspects of the corporate talent management processes including, but not limited to, workforce planning, performance management, onboarding, succession planning, critical skills gap analysis, training and performance support, and total rewards.
- Facilitate high employee engagement by building leadership capability and employee communications, analyzing data, identifying trends, recommending solutions, and executing employee engagement strategies.
- Anticipate needs of the business and act proactively to address them.
- Provide change management support for major organizational change initiatives that are being led by client group leaders to ensure that the workforce is prepared for organizational changes (i.e., process changes, technology changes, structural/organizational changes, etc.)
- Diagnose individual, team, and organizational issues that are negatively impacting performance and recommend and facilitate delivery of the appropriate Organization Development intervention (i.e., group facilitation, conflict management, coaching, mentoring, team building, organization re-structure and re-design, etc.) to increase performance.
- Develop and maintain effective, trust-based relationships with all levels of employees.
- Address employee relations matters, anticipate people-related risks, and develop plans and actions to mitigate risks and address concerns.
- 10–12 - years progressive HR experience, at least 5 of which were as an HR business partner
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose organizational issues and then design, develop, and facilitate a diverse range of Organization Development interventions (i.e., coaching, mentoring, team building, group facilitation, conflict management, organization structure and design, etc.) to improve performance
- Demonstrated ability to assess change management needs and support the design of change management plans that support organizational readiness for change
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities that need to be effectively managed, while maintaining composure and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels
- Strong communication, influence, coaching and facilitation skills required
- Ability to effectively raise unpopular issues
- Strong knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws and standards
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, OD, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience as HR business partner for a highly dynamic growth organization
- Experience in financial services/fintech/tech industry
- Prior managerial experience
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors — not just the wealthy — deserve access to personal, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America's top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews  and Barron's  with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.1 million clients to manage over $181 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client's situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
Edelman Financial Engines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, visit EdelmanFinancialEngines.com and FinancialEngines.com.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 Ranking and status for 2017. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center;
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron's is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.