Director of Communications and Events (Remote)
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is an autonomous mobility service provider on a mission to drive the future of transportation. We develop and own the full AV tech stack and user experience–algorithms, software, hardware, and system integration–for autonomous, electric rides for communities near and far. We’re focused on driving innovation and delivering convenient, turnkey transportation services for master planned communities, corporate and academic campuses, and mixed use developments. We’re driven to create safe, sustainable, and equitable transportation solutions for all.
Optimus Ride is headquartered in the Boston Seaport District, not far from our old stomping ground at MIT. From the boardroom to the test track, our teammates (affectionately referred to as Optimists) bring deep industry and subject matter expertise, a collaborative and focused work ethic, and an optimistic outlook on the future of autonomous, sustainable, community-serving transportation.
We are seeking a communications pro to amplify our brand and message to audiences far and wide. From strategy to execution, you’ll create a steady drumbeat of impactful stories, moments, and presence–via press and media, industry groups, events, analyst platforms, and owned communication channels. You are a brilliant storyteller and master communicator who can elevate our brand and build strong visibility, reputation, and preference with the market, buyers, riders, partners, prospective talent, and more. You are a natural influencer and relationship builder, with a strong collaborative spirit who knows how to rally teams under their banner.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working closely with senior leadership, you’ll build the powerful communications and events arm of our small-but-mighty Marketing Team. Leveraging your experience in B2B/B2B2C services, solutions, and/or technology, your strengths as a builder AND a leader, and your track record of working collaboratively to build high-impact, relationship-driven communications programs–you have the opportunity spread the word that Optimus Ride is the #1 community-friendly, autonomous shuttle ride.
You will own
- Design, develop, and execute multichannel communications and events strategies and plans, in line with company brand, values, and key messages, to ensure awareness, reputation, and preference among target audiences.
- Drive thought leadership programs across all target audiences.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key media, industry analysts and influencers.
- Manage agency partners with clear objectives, effective leadership, support and measurement.
- Design and manage presence at industry events, trade shows, and conferences.
- Take story ideas from concept to launch–creating messaging, themes, storylines, and original content (such as press releases, bylined articles, blogs, presentations, speeches, social media, audio/video scripts, and more) that resonate with target audiences.
- Prepare, develop, and coach spokespeople.
- Manage communications around high profile partnerships and relationships.
- Collaborate with leadership and People teams to support talent and internal comms.
- Provide counsel and support on brand awareness, crisis management, and analyst relations.
- Establish and manage internal and external communication channels, systems and processes to align our teams and make us more effective.
- Build and track communications KPIs and budget for all initiatives and channels, to make data-driven decisions and improvements, ensure compliance and maximize resources.
- 8+ years of experience including both agency and in-house communications roles.
- Bachelors in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Natural, proven, results-oriented builder and leader of communications teams and programs.
- Experience developing, preparing, and coaching spokespeople at all levels.
- Brilliant storyteller and clear communicator who can construct powerful narratives and has a knack for translating complex topics into compelling, digestible stories.
- Deep experience executing coordinated, company-wide communications strategies.
- Experience managing, building, and maximizing presence at industry events, trade shows and conferences.
- Track record creating thought leadership in the technology sector.
- Strategic, super organized, AND detail oriented, and thrive in high-growth start-up environments.
- Corporate communications lead in a high-growth tech company.
- Experience with B2B2C technology or services business model.
- Experienced people manager (direct or indirect), with desire to grow an organization.
- Executive communications experience.
- Existing notable media and/or industry connections.
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.
Optimus Ride provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.