Customer Service & Registration Administrator
Position Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000 - $52,000 per year, dependent on experience and education
Benefits: 457b plan, and matching; Medical coverage and 100% deductible coverage through HRA; Dental coverage; Vision coverage; Life insurance; Paid time off; Parental leave; Tuition Reimbursement; Cell Phone Reimbursement; Simplified Employee Pension plan, and more.
Work Location: Hybrid; Home and Boston Office
The Customer Service & Registration Administrator will facilitate the registration and accurate tracking of the renewable energy system electricity production for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This duty is accomplished through the use of the Production Tracking System (PTS), a database and web application maintained by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC). The PTS provides MassCEC with necessary information to monitor and evaluate the performance and effectiveness of renewable energy programs and systems.
The MassCEC is designated by the state Department of Energy Resources (DOER) as the sole Independent Third Party Meter Reader for the purpose of providing Solar Renewable Energy Certificate (SREC) verifications for qualified generators. As such, this position is responsible for timely, accurate system registration and complete resolution of production reporting issues, primarily related to the MassCEC’s solar program initiatives.
Primary Job Duties:
- Provide customer service to renewable energy system developers/installers, data acquisition system (DAS) providers, REC aggregators, system owners, leasing companies, and third-party owners to answer questions and trouble-shoot problems with system data or production reporting.
- Facilitate the registration of renewable energy systems in the PTS.
- Manage the PTS hotline and customer service Zendesk, email account.
- Assist with intra-quarter production adjustments that consider, but are not limited to the following: initial meter readings, meter adjustments, meter swaps, date in service changes, etc.
- Assist team, as required, in various departmental areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Process-minded and results-oriented
- Superior organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to perform in team environment
- Excellent problem-resolution skills
- Project administration and/or analytical business operation support
- Experience training and/or managing another staff member
- Must be able to comply with MassCEC’s Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy (requiring either full vaccination or the grant of an exemption prior to commencement of employment) developed in response to Executive Order 595.
- Associates Degree, business related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Prior Customer Service experience.
- At least one year of experience in project administration and/or analytical business operation support.
- Experience with Zendesk, customer service support tool is a plus.
- Experience in the public sector, renewable energy industry is a plus.
About the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center:
The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) is a state economic development agency dedicated to accelerating the growth of the clean energy sector across the Commonwealth to spur job creation, deliver statewide environmental benefits and to secure long-term economic growth for the people of Massachusetts. MassCEC works to increase the adoption of clean energy while driving down costs and delivering financial, environmental, and economic development benefits to energy users and utility customers across the state.
MassCEC is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization where everyone is welcomed, supported, respected, and valued. We are committed to incorporating principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and environmental justice in all aspects of our work in order to promote the equitable distribution of the health and economic benefits of clean energy and support a diverse and inclusive clean energy industry. MassCEC strives to lead and innovate in equitable clean energy and climate solutions.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter through our Online Career Center.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives are encouraged to apply.