Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on both Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2019” and Wealthfront’s “2019 Career Launching Companies” lists.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
This key leadership position in the SimpliSafe contact center is responsible for leading our customer contact efforts around customer retention. This is a critical and high profile role within the business that has a direct impact on the company’s financial health and customer portfolio, as well as having an incredible impact on our ability to achieve our mission of every home secure.
This position will not only directly manage teams of internal agents that are engaged in retention efforts, but will advise on new initiatives, and own retention metrics across the business, including at our outsourced partners.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Direct the management of staff, including recruitment, skill and performance assessment, workload distribution, training effectiveness, professional development, and corrective action.
• Partner with key stakeholders to create outstanding customer experiences for our customers.
• Collaborate with key business groups across the business
• Evaluate team performance to manage the achievement of goals. Establishes and implements business process improvement plans based on metrics and internal and external feedback.
• Assure compliance with all related standard operating procedures, corporate and site policies.
• Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement
• Work with staff on skill and career development
• Perform other responsibilities as required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of Retention, Customer Service, or equivalent experience in a management role
• Ability to set priorities and execute work in a fast-paced environment
• Driven, energetic, self-assured professional with high personal integrity
• Strong communication (verbal and written), presentation, and project management skills
• Ability to develop effective, positive interpersonal relationships
Skills & Knowledge:
• Demonstrated leadership skills in managing collaborative business teams and leading by influence
• PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
• Analytical and interpretive skills
• Ability to drive performance targets to completion
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven management/leadership skills
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Proficiency in current technology tools for contact center management, reporting tools, common office applications, and presentation software is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet and exceed Performance Competencies