CPD Research Associate - Biology (Mouse PD/Cellular) - Center for Protein Degradation
Job Posted Date
6 months ago(4/11/2019 5:29 PM)
The Biology Research Associate will be an important member of our research team and will be centrally involved in assisting various research projects primarily involving protein biochemistry and mouse handling. In addition to the bench-based research, responsibilities will also include some aspects of laboratory management and organization. Training is available in all aspects of experimental research.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) and Deerfield Management have entered a multi-year collaboration to create the Center for Protein Degradation (CPD) at DFCI led by Drs. Fischer and Gray. The goals of the Center for Protein Degradation are to create a next-generation protein degrader platform and interrogate and advance a large portfolio of protein degrader targets. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a newly founded research center that is pushing the boundaries of targeted protein degradation research and accelerating the translation of basic science into clinical solutions.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Conduct cellular, ex vivo, and/or in vivo experiments. Conduct standard biological and laboratory analyses and assays, e.g., pharmacodynamic, etc.
- Help maintain mouse colony including handling, feeding, genotyping of mice
- With instruction from senior colleagues, administer compounds to mice via IV, IP, and oral routes of administration
- Maintain and perform drug treatments on cell cultures
- Prepare and maintain laboratory reagents and stocks
- Compile and analyze experimental data. Develop a summary of findings for presentation to Center personnel.
- Use computers, computer-interfaced equipment, robotics and/or high-technology applications to perform work duties
- Maintain work areas and order supplies, as needed
- Set up, calibrate and operate lab equipment
- Keep up to date with appropriate literature and research publications related to work and projects
- May be responsible for designing and executing advanced experiments
- Maintain clear and accurate records of experimental work (e.g., experiment methods, results/findings) in a lab notebook
- Monitor laboratory work to ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety information as well as the standard operation procedures specific to each laboratory.
- Bachelor's Degree; major in biology or chemistry preferred
- Knowledge of techniques related to biology, chemistry or medicine, with 1-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to document and analyze information/data and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Organized, with close attention to detail and strong time management skills. Thorough in completing work tasks
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to follow direction, but also work independently
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.