Copy Manager, Joss & Main
Who We Are:
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industry’s largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world class team comprised of many disciplines – designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more.
Joss & Main, one of Wayfair’s Lifestyle Brands, is seeking a style-obsessed Senior Copywriter and Copy Manager to take the brand’s copy and content to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and inspire two very talented copywriters
- Concept and write copy for all touch-points -- brand campaigns to major shopping holidays, email marketing to direct mail pieces, Instagram stories to digital advertising, online video, and beyond.
- Develop and maintain the brand's voice standards and messaging strategy to drive brand consistency and evolution. We are on a mission to become even stronger, stickier brands with raised awareness and brand affinity. Our words and content are one important part of the puzzle to get us there, and that will be your challenge.
- Work in tandem with the design lead to guide and inspire the team as well as elevate the brand. Push on each other to move the brand forward, identify efficiencies, and create a rock-solid, holistic creative strategy that spans across channel and ladders up to brand goals.
- Use Wayfair’s wealth of performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights) to guide smarter creative decisions. You will be expected to use data as a key input for your team’s work, and also to understand when data might be getting in the way of elevated creative work.
- Live in lockstep with your cross-functional partners. You'll be responsible for maintaining seamless communication, understanding and influencing their priorities and goals, and effectively translating creative strategy when required.
- Do all of the above in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are daily and the volume of work is high. Pace should thrill you, not derail you.
Who You Are:
- A highly conceptual yet hyper-organized creative with proven experience in campaign and systems thinking
- A strong manager-doer, not just an ideas person. You understand that great brand building is about the execution and the details. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves while also managing and empowering your team
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years relevant experience, preferably for an e-commerce brand or agency
- Proven experience leading and developing a team
- Experience in branding, omni-channel campaigns, and digital marketing
- A deep obsession with home furnishings, interior design, and style
- Catalog, editorial, and experience on unexpected channels (ambient, experiential, out of home) a plus
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.