The Office of the Inspector General (Office) offers unique opportunities to work in a team environment dedicated to improving state government in multiple high-profile areas. The Office sets the highest standards for its employees and is committed to sustaining a healthy work-life balance.
The Office seeks a Coordinator to work in its Bureau of Program Integrity division. The Bureau of Program Integrity is responsible for overseeing the quality, integrity and efficiency of public benefits programs within the Executive Office of Health and Human Services. The Bureau of Program Integrity is comprised of a small team of professionals with backgrounds in public administration, law, analysis and investigation who are committed to supporting good government and who work collaboratively on a wide range of projects. The projects include management reviews, business analyses, policy and data analyses, criminal investigations and investigations of complaints from whistleblowers who report concerns related to human services agencies or programs.
Working in a collaborative and inclusive team environment, the Coordinator will assist with the day-to-day operations of Bureau of Program Integrity by providing organizational infrastructure especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their work and service, to the diversity and excellence of its work community.
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinating intake and screening of potential projects.
- Assisting with project plans and performing project management and database management tasks.
- Performing open-source background research on various individuals and entities.
- Analyzing data and financial records.
- Assisting the team with preparing reports, presentations and other work products.
- Closing and archiving project files.
- Leading collaborative efforts with other divisions of the Office of the Inspector General.
- Participating in workgroups that support the management and outreach initiatives of the Office of the Inspector General.
- Assisting with recruitment, staffing, onboarding and offboarding.
- Assisting the Director of the Bureau of Program Integrity with special projects.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience working in an office setting.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent word-processing, presentation development and proofreading skills.
- Experience with using Excel as an administrative and research tool.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
- Outstanding written communication.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Demonstrated interest in public service and government.
- Ongoing commitment to supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational environment.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in or more of the following areas: government, law, public benefits, health care, public administration, finance, statistics, construction, real estate, energy, analytics, economics or compliance.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels, both inside and outside of the division.
- Experience producing a variety of work products on a designated timeline.
- Training or experience in project management.
Salary Range: $40,000
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume by November 22, 2019 to:
Mary Beth Farrelly, Chief Financial Officer
Office of the Inspector General
One Ashburton Place, Room 1311
Boston, MA 02108
Information about the Office of the Inspector General:
Mary Beth Farrelly
The Office of the Inspector General is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. The Office does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. The Office promotes access, inclusion and diversity for all staff, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding working environment and in keeping with its mission. The Office actively seeks to increase the support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.