Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
John Hancock is undertaking a multi-year transformation into a more digital, customer- centric organization. As a part of this transformation, we plan to build digital solutions based on the latest technologies.
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of customers rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering our team members with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
You will be part of our Digital & Direct to Consumer organization and you will support multiple Consumer products in the digital advice space.
As the Compliance Manager of the team, you will ensure the policies and procedures are being followed on our products. With minimal oversight, you will exercise sound independent judgement by making decisions related to risk assessment, quality control, operational procedures and other delegated responsibilities associated with the business.
If you are interested to apply your compliance experience in a growing Digital environment, this role might be for you!
What you will do:
- Act as the AML Coordinator
- Work with Global Compliance to set up, implement and monitor Digital Advice AML Policies and Procedures
- Conduct and track annual AML and Privacy trainings for the teams
- Work with JH Privacy Office to set up, implement and monitor our Privacy Program, including Clean Desk, the Privacy Manual, Incident Response, and the Fraud Red Flags Policy.
- Ensure annual customer Privacy notice mailings occur for all products
- Be a Cyber Security champion and act as the point person to report incidents in various internal systems and follow up with various party
- Back up Operations Manager and oversee various exception reports, incident reporting systems
- Help with reporting and analysis of the Business and contribute to the risk reporting
What you bring:
- College/University Degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of related financial services, compliance or management experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills including knowledge of applicable compliance or business systems
- Strong ethical compass
- Strong understanding of key compliance requirements applicable to a business
- Ability to facilitate decision making across groups
- Ability to embrace change; strong change management skills
- Ability to analyze technical information and to be detailed oriented
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of September 30, 2019, we had over $1.2 trillion (US$881 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.8 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.