Communications and Marketing Coordinator
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the Position:
As the Communications and Marketing Coordinator, you'll be the essential lynchpin between two talented, versatile, high-performing, and fun-loving teams at JFF: our communications staff of editors, designers, freelancers, and event professionals and the Work Unit—a programmatic group within JFF which includes the Center for Apprenticeship & Work-Based Learning (the Center) that focuses on implementing workforce strategies to support JFF's mission.
You'll manage communications products destined for our clients, including top-tier federal government agencies and tech giants, as well as our external audience of thousands of practitioners and workforce leaders. You'll make sure these products are seamlessly delivered on time and at a high quality, and you'll have the opportunity to execute on and contribute to dissemination strategies across website, social media, and email.
This is a dynamic and fast-paced role ideal for candidates who thrive on keeping people and projects on track, are energized by getting things done, and who are looking to grow in the communications field. This position reports to the Senior Communications Manager of JFF's Work Unit.
What you'll do:
- Manage the production of communications output, including blogs, PowerPoint presentations, informational sheets, reports, emails, web content, and graphics.
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Negotiate production timelines and manage expectations between the JFF Program and Communications teams.
- Engage with key clients, partners, and program participants to gather materials, schedule interviews, and facilitate approvals as needed.
- Maintain the presence of the Work Unit and the Center on JFF.org using Wagtail CMS: review and update text, update and maintain internal and external links, and produce new pages as needed.
- Support the social media and digital dissemination campaigns for a variety of communications deliverables; use Salesforce to manage contacts and send emails; and gather and report on performance analytics.
Who you are:
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; able to work quickly and independently, prioritize, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to maintain open and effective communication with staff at all levels across the organization, including senior leadership.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Background in communications and marketing, including managing social media platforms, a plus.
- Ability to apply JFF's core values to all areas of your work.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of your application, please include your resumé and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Rachel Crofut, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position on our website.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.