Commercial Credit Analyst Internship (Fall 2021)
Energetic Insurance is developing novel risk management solutions to unlock exponential growth in renewable and distributed energy. We are backed by one of the largest insurance companies in the world and our flagship product enables financing of commercial solar projects. We are venture backed and have received grant funding from the US Department of Energy, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and support from multiple incubator programs.
Energetic Insurance has developed a novel underwriting methodology and accompanying analytical package to drive scale in commercial solar. We are seeking an Commercial Credit Analyst Intern for the Fall 2021 semester to help us handle growing interest. This position is focused on analysis of small and medium business credit risk, and involves some real estate analysis as well. No prior solar energy knowledge is required.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Review and consolidate financial statements for candidate businesses
- Adhere to best practices in credit underwriting and analysis
- Compare and contrast various credit scoring methodologies
- Review industry-wide and regional trends affecting candidate businesses
- Assist in preparation of credit memos including risks and mitigating factors
Attributes of an Ideal Candidate
- Able to handle open ended challenges
- Strong moral compass with ability to balance between critical near-term details and big picture long-term impacts.
- High EQ; ability to collaborate in a team
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver mentality
- Intellectual curiosity
- Prior experience within financial analysis
- Pursuing a MS, MBA or equivalent with coursework in financial risk analysis.
- Experience and certification (CFA, etc.) can substitute for degree
This is a part-time, paid internship position. This internship is located in Boston, MA. Energetic Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.