Energetic Insurance is developing novel risk management solutions to unlock exponential growth in renewable and distributed energy. We are backed by one of the largest insurance companies in the world and recently announced our flagship product to enable financing of commercial solar projects. We are venture backed and have received grant funding from the US Department of Energy, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and support from multiple incubator programs.
We are seeking team members looking to apply traditional analytical skills in a non-traditional insurance environment. In this role you will help us continue to develop and refine our underwriting platform.
Why is this job so unique?
In addition to becoming a key member of an exciting startup revolutionizing the CleanTech industry, you will also be a driving force behind the automation of an insurance underwriting process at the center of the InsurTech movement. Half of your time will be spent on project risk underwriting, the other half will be working with data scientists and software developers to automate aspects of your job to increase throughput and productivity. You will have first-hand experience leveraging modern analytical tools to create more efficient underwriting processes.
Energetic Insurance has developed a novel underwriting methodology and accompanying analytical package to drive scale in commercial solar. We are seeking an experienced Commercial Credit Analyst to help us handle growing interest. This position is focused on analysis of small and medium business credit risk, and involves some real estate analysis as well. No prior solar energy knowledge is required.
Major Responsibilities Include
- Review and consolidate financial statements for candidate businesses
- Adhere to best practices in credit underwriting and analysis
- Compare and contrast various credit scoring methodologies
- Assist in modeling default probabilities based on standardized metrics
- Prepare credit memos including risks and mitigating factors
- Review industry-wide and regional trends affecting candidate businesses
- Assist with the development and continuous improvement in underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures
Attributes of an Ideal Candidate
- Quantitative financial analyst
- Able to handle open ended challenges
- Able to formulate and test statistical hypotheses using alternative data
- Interested in software product development
- Strong moral compass with ability to balance between critical near-term details and big picture long-term impacts.
- High EQ; ability to collaborate in a team
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver mentality
- Intellectual curiosity
- 2+ years in credit underwriting role at a bank, insurer or other financial institution
- MS, MBA or equivalent with coursework in financial risk analysis.
- Experience and certification (CFA, etc.) can substitute for degree
Salary commensurate with experience and will include equity participation. This job is located in Boston, MA. Occasional travel is expected with the ability to work remotely 1 day per week. Energetic Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.