Cloud Data Architect
The Productive Edge Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Practice provides advanced technology solutions and strategies that propel our clients into the modern data age. Our PE teams turn the promise of AI and Machine Learning into practical solutions that empower differentiated customer experiences, predictive insights, and transformational business outcomes. Likewise, PE’s “Modern Data Management Framework” and Agile-centric methodology enable us to achieve impactful results rapidly and efficiently.
As the Cloud Data Architect, you are a technical leader within PE’s Data and AI Practice. You are a customer-facing advisor with broad technical skills, robust industry knowledge, and a consultative approach. Alongside your local and global teammates, you will lead the full lifecycle of Big Data solutions, from requirements analysis, to technical and architectural solutioning, to development and release.
The Cloud Data Architect will be expected to use proven consultative methods to engage customers and define their modernization journey and the steps to achieve success.
- Advise and provide thought leadership on the provision of advanced data and analytics environments leveraging cloud-native platforms and big data technologies, including integration with existing data and analytics platforms and tools.
- Design and implement scalable data architectures leveraging cloud-native platforms.
- Lead clients in workshops with a focus on discovery and documentation to best align solution delivery.
- Define, design and implement data access patterns for multiple analytical and operational workloads, across on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
- Serve as technical lead driving delivery for a high performing project team
- Leverage thought leadership within the office, and greater organization, to drive innovation and long-term team vision.
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end-to-end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Experience working on cloud platforms, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and/or AWS, and a deep understanding of their data-related service offerings.
- Hands-on experience operationalizing Big Data applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Expert-level experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge / Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Tableau or PowerBI)
- Hands-on experience with data integration tools (e.g. Informatica or Talend)
- Previous engagements exemplifying hands-on experience with related/complementary open-source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Python)
- Understanding of the application of AI and the path to production for data-enabled applications
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based leader in digital transformation. As digital business consultants, we focus on digital strategy, customer experience, operations improvement, and product & services enablement. How do we do this? Through launching solutions for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Intelligent Automation (IA), Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud Native Solutions. Sounds fun, right? It gets better...and that’s where you come in!
Productive Edge offers the dynamic opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment that values innovation and creativity. We are a culture that stays on the cusp of today’s developing and emerging technologies. Our passion, ingenuity, and dedication sets us apart from other consultants (as does our modern work atmosphere with fun outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities). Because we work with and develop solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands, we are actively searching for individuals who are ready to change the way the world operates.
And if that’s not enough, Productive Edge has been featured as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, included in Crain’s Fast 50, and is a regular on Inc. 5000.